Geri Jewell Today

10/16/2007 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 51-year-old comedian/actress/motivational speaker turned up at the Media Access Awards in L.A. on Sunday, which recognizes those in the entertainment industry who hire and/or accurately portray people with disabilities.
Geri Jewell
Geri
has cerebral palsy and recently starred on HBO's "Deadwood."

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

lisagrrrl24

She was wonderful on Deadwood - she had some of the best comebacks to Al Swearingen's character. I would love to see more of her. It would be so much better to see an actor like Geri portray a disabled character than have some a-lister actress get praise for allowing herself to be shown as disbaled like helena Boham Carter did in that film with Kenneth Brannagh. It's wonderful to see Geri is succeeding as an actor - TMZ, you should do more stories on actors with real challenges who are succeeding in their profession! They deserve the recognition!

brian withers

hey i missed the funny - what did number 14 say?

Leave Brittney Alone!

You go girl!!!!!

#9's comment hit the nail on the head!

doggystyle

I remember seeing her on Deadwood and thinking "wow that actress can really protray a person with a disability wonderfully." It drove me crazy for months on who was the actress, because I remember seeing her somewhere, but I couldn't remeber where. Then I finally learned who she was and I was pleasantly surprised and happy that she got such a fantastic role. BRING DEADWOOD BACK!

jerseync

Anyone that has to write something that sorry must be a real mutt.Oh this is for #14. How pathetic....

LOSTLITTLEBOBBY

If you laugh you should be ashamed of yourself!

BLAIR'S cousin BLAAAAIIRA - I LOVE YOU BLAAAAIIRA!!!

Vicky

Geri Jewell is very courageous, Most people would stay at home and hide with their uncertainty of how they would be seen by others on Television. However, her family is nice and I know them personally. I had been given ten years to live in 1995 & partook in a Government program for guinea pig drugs to reverse liver ailments. I actually cured one disease to have two others attack my nervous system. But I am still here 15 yrs later. I do not walk very well but I can speak and move my arms, fingers etc. I do not believe a person is really handicapped unless they see themselves as that image. She is getting older like the rest of us. And if you notice she is getting more skilled at her acting. Practice makes perfect You Go Geri, keep acting. I know Gloria your sister.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9