Celebrity Rehab Center Evacuated!

10/22/2007 3:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that residents at Promises Treatment Center in Malibu have undergone precautionary evacuation because of potential fire danger.
Promises Rehab facility
A spokesperson for the Malibu Fire Department tells TMZ that clients at the famed rehab facility have been moved because the center is on a one-lane road, and evacuating everyone quickly could be dangerous. We're told, as we publish, that the fire is moving east, toward the facility. Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Ben Affleck and other A-listers have all spent time there.

As of this afternoon, the fire has scorched more than 2,400 acres and destroyed at least five homes and a church in the area. Several celebs, including Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Olivia Newton-John, James Cameron, Mark Hamill and Cindy Crawford have been affected, although no word yet on whether any celebrity homes have been lost.

And in case you were wondering, Nobu is still closed.

par four

i know britney is sick to her stomach now she has no where to go her second home might go up in flames.
well she can always share a room with lindsay at "lady lucks pleasure house" i hear the drinks are cheep and the food is not bad either you just have to bring your own drugs.

valerie

i LOVE BRIT. WILL SHE COME BACK? Her profile and some of her nice photos were found on a lesbian dating site named Femmate.com. I was curious why she was there. Does she really a Lesbian? Anyone can tell?

Terry Sloan

What's wrong with you people. I hate to see anything get destroyed by fire. My heart goes out to them.

Boxy Roxy

I'll drink to that!

Jcase

Gosh, good thing it's just 'regular' homes being burned and not the homes of celebs! What in the world would they do if 1 of their homes burned??? Poor, Poor, Millionaires.....

Stan

Will TMZ still have a show tonight or did their offices get burned down?

Trina

Not NOBU!!!

Where will all the evacuated rehabbers go?
Hyde? NO! ITS LAME NOW!!

Oh the humanity!

GG

Where are they being evacuated to??? The nearest bar knowing that useless joint! Bottoms up!

Kate

Anyone who lives in So. Cal especially Malibu should know by now to be prepared for fires. This is an unfortunate part of life living in an earthquake/fire state. I hope the homeowners (both celebrity & non) were prepared and don't be stupid by staying in the home despite orders to evacuate. My prayers go out to them all.

Merry Christmas

They need to change the location of Happy Hour for the A through Z listers. Were they wearing ankle monitors when the fled?

PEREZ HIVton

This calls for a nice stiff drink or 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trina

JackDaniels.

welcome to the celebrity gossip site, not cnn.

why report of its not a celeb? that's for the 8 billion other actual news sites out there.

someone

3. I'd stop drinking to if I saw Spears and Lohans cheesy crotches everyday

Posted at 2:38PM on Oct 22nd 2007 by The Monkey Zone

That would be enough to make me START drinking, at least i would pass out and not HAVE to look at 'em!

death on a cracker

I TOLD EVERYONE!!!!!
if you look back on several posts from that past i have predicted that "Hollywood would burn to the ground!!".. i just didnt know it would REALLY burn to the ground... it was a figure of speech...

Barack

What celebrities are still at Promises? I thought they all completed their rehab and are
back on the streets trying to kill us. Was I wrong? Hope so. I'd rather fight the fire than
one of those cuckoos.