Celebrity Rehab Center Evacuated!

10/22/2007 3:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that residents at Promises Treatment Center in Malibu have undergone precautionary evacuation because of potential fire danger.
Promises Rehab facility
A spokesperson for the Malibu Fire Department tells TMZ that clients at the famed rehab facility have been moved because the center is on a one-lane road, and evacuating everyone quickly could be dangerous. We're told, as we publish, that the fire is moving east, toward the facility. Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Ben Affleck and other A-listers have all spent time there.

As of this afternoon, the fire has scorched more than 2,400 acres and destroyed at least five homes and a church in the area. Several celebs, including Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Olivia Newton-John, James Cameron, Mark Hamill and Cindy Crawford have been affected, although no word yet on whether any celebrity homes have been lost.

And in case you were wondering, Nobu is still closed.

Marc Mc-D

TMZ didn't speak to anyone on the Malibu FD, the Malibu FD doesn't exist,
if you talked to anyone it would be the LA County FD, please get your facts straight

jbird

There's something mildly poetic about this. Not sure what, but I'll eventually find it!

Annette

WELL, LIKE OMG! ALL THOSE BOOZERS & ADDICTS LOSE ON THE STREETS! HEY BRITNEY - YOUR BUDDIES ARE OUT & THEY WANT TO PLAY!!!!!

Terry

I wish I could feel sadness but I do not feel alot of compassion for Malibu and much of Calif.
The extent of the fire damage is in part because of laws passed that prevented the Forestry Dept from cutting back brush, removing dead trees and other preventative measures in Calif and the Northwest.
I watched many hard working non wealthy people loose their homes in Oregon while tree hugger groups ( from Calif ) tied the courts up with law suits.
The extreme environmentalist and democrats are being bitten by their own legislation passed, Their own doing.

Terry

Maybe we should all get together and have a fund raiser for Malibu after all they have always been there for us
:) lol
They will re build right back where they are and it will happen again in a few years.
They will bring in trees, make it all green and private again, forget the desert landscaping that would more practical and oh enviro friendly.
We will see the perfect example of "Do what I say, Not as I do" in motion.

MENUDAS

is it time to hire George Clooney and a helicopter?

jrwmlippy

Natural disaster or unnatural disaster is never is and as an Insurance Agent we know how important it is to take care of the client. God bless all those affected and it does not matter if your house is in Malibu or San Diego. Celebrities deserve their privacy too.

MENUDAS

WAIT IT'S TIME TO SAVE GEORGE....ANYONE HAVE A HELICOPTER?

David Bowie

I live in Oceanside, Ca. and woke up this morning with fires all around. Kinda reminded me of the major fires we had here in 2003. I think this one will be worse.
My little Sis called me early this morning and told me that she got a notice to evacuate and asked me what she should take.

I told her to take her important papers,jewelry and photo albums. Things that are not easily replaceable. After speaking with her and settling her down, it dawned on me that I was not in the least prepared to leave my home. So I put together an evac plan.
Do you have one

Brian

I'm just waiting for these left wing, so called celebs, to blame President Bush for the fires! I feel sorry for any ordinary Americans who have suffered from these fires. Forgive me if I don't care at all what happens to left wing Hollywood types.

Joy

Since when are Lindsay and Britney A-Listers?

disgusted you suck

Hi, I go the church in asian community, some say the fire is the wrath of god upon evil things celebrities like Ellen degenerate have done, this my parish and I respect the opinion, can you?

many marry and not virgin, so jesus show the way with not happy father of all.

we pray with the innocent not katrina again.

richard f

Looking for Actors, Models, Artists & Movie Extras. Talenthunter.com is the fastest growing talent community online. Join for free go to www.talenthunter.com

woman of stone

Ah, dang, SoCal is on fire again. (BTW, don't lump ALL of Californians by what you see on TV... we people in Northern California, past SF, don't claim anything south of SF.) My ancestors bulit California and these celebs just keep abusing it. And now they got the whole country thinking we are all alkies and druggies and have plastic boobs.

I guess they just keep forgetting that the Santa Ana winds in October ALWAYS means there's going to be a deadly fire. So, if you live down there and authorities tell you to get the hell out, GET THE HELL OUT! Make damn sure yo have an evac plan and do me a favor, make arrangements for your animals... I'm sick of the volunteers that leave us up here without firefighters so they can go down there only to come back here and tell me how the smell of burned pets made them ill. When the fire in on the hilside near you, it's too late... so when you first hear there's a fire, DO SOMETHING, save the pets and your worthless hide... I hate reading about the body counts of people so damn stubborn they think they are going to live through it simply because they will it so.
And keep an eye on your kids. This last fire was started by a ten year old. A TEN YEAR OLD!

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk