Samba-dy Help! Osmond Collapses on "Dancing"

10/22/2007 9:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just moments after Marie Osmond busted out an intense samba routine, she hit the dance floor even harder -- passing out cold on tonight's live broadcast of "Dancing with the Stars."

As the judges stared in shock, host Tom Bergeron kept his composure and quickly threw to commercial while Osmond was sprawled out on the floor.

But all concerns were eased after the break, when Marie was up and moving around backstage. According to Bergeron, the first thing Marie said when she came to was, "Oh crap."

Osmond then explained her breakdown on camera, saying, "Once in a while it happens to me ... I stop breathing. I'm so sorry." Uh, might wanna get that checked out.

No sympathy points from the judges -- Osmond only scored 21 out of a possible 30 points.

itstrue

As a nurse and one who has fainted, I can assure disbelievers that it was NOT fake. When you faint, there is NOTHING you can do to stop it. Your ears start ringing, you see people's lips moving and cannot hear a thing, and the next thing you know --- you're on the ground, waking up with a bunch of strangers around you. It is serious -- it is not funny -- and hoping she didn't get a concussion, she hit pretty hard.

worm

marie hon , have you had your heart checked, and if that isnt then pobablem maybe asma....ppl dont just pass out hon.... anyone ask if she had any of these problems and if so why in the world would she put her self in such danger????????????

Syma

OMG poor thing!! Dancing can be exhausting!!

Hmmm.........I should get into it again! LOL!

Mountains out of molehills

I thought Samantha's comment about fainting not giving you better scores in poor taste, and lacking compassion. Marie was obviously mortified. Drew Lachey was so much better. I wish they would have kept him all season.

Flake

May be she is pregnant AGAIN.

She has about 10 kids already.

gingergirl

It was a frightening thing to see this happen to Marie, who is one of the most decent, loving people, in show business. My prayers to you, Marie and to your wonderful family. The world needs more people like you, You go Girl!!! Love you.

Patty

That was seriously scary. I don't know how she could blow that off by saying sometimes she stops breathing. She really needs to check that out. Now I am afraid she will do it again every time she dances.

Mel B didn't look so good either backstage. She seemed very hot and shaken. I wonder if these people are working too hard and not eating right or something.

I am not a fan of Marie's per se but was happy to see she was OK. Hope she gets checked out!

And I am a MILF too. We should unite. lol lol.

Tina ( in COS)

Marie looks great for her age! I'd love to have her spunk and beauty. I give you credit for going out and dancing with the stars! You Rock Marie!!!!!

StrappingYoungLad

hmmmmmm

Her brother suffers from MS. I wonder if she has it now as well.

Aspen

#35, bummer...that blog seems to be down. I missed the fall......but glad she's OK.

beefcake

Hey Vicki, Patty, and you other wanna be MILFS posting: I'm sure you all think you are still young and tight but more than likely all of you are well past your youth and just hanging on. Especially you Patty! If you old hags have to tell yourselves you look 10-12 years younger to get by easier in life than so be it. I would bet you look every bit of your age and then some. I think that is hilarious!!!!!

FishTaco

Its kind of obvious that she knew she messed up some of the dance, and I guess in her mind she made the decision that for her to stay on the show just a little longer she needed to stick out somehow. Also she knew that if she fainted she could avoid having them talk bad about her. If you didn't notice the camera zoomed into her face when she fainted so you can see her eyes shut. They have a 5 second delay so they had time to adjust the angle to best showcase it for more dramatic impact.

www.myspace.com/leodance

Lilarose

We here in Pacific NW won't see the show until 8 pm, another half hour.

I will bet that that part of the show is bleeped!

Brenda

Marie seems to not be in very good shape. Last week, when she was in ballet class, the instructor said she needed to work on her core, and she replied, "I don't know what my core is." Anyone who works with a trainer or does yoga or pilates knows what their core muscles are. For her to enter DWTS without having done some serious workouts was probably a mistake. I'm glad she's okay, because that was a scary moment.

As for Mel, she's probably seriously jetlagged and tired. They rehearsed, flew to London, filmed a video, rehearsed some more, and made it back to LA all in the space of a week. Plus she has a child under a year old. But she had the best rumba of the night.

Deena

Beefcake, your an ass! Not just an ass, but a really big ASSSSSS!! Who the hell do you think you are speaking to grown ass women like that? You know, karma's a bitch and yours will come!! GROWN ASS WOMEN ROCK!! GO MARIE! I LOVE YA DOLL FACE!!