Laura Bush: Abu Dhabi Do-Gooder

10/24/2007 7:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

First Lady Laura Bush is waging a war of her own in the Middle East -- against breast cancer!
Laura Bush
The 60-year-old, who had a cancerous growth removed from her leg last year, met with breast cancer survivors in the United Arab Emirates this week. Mrs. Bush chatted with the ladies, clad in their little black burkas, at the Sheikh Khalifa Medical Center in Abu Dhabi.

Laura's helping launch the U.S.-Middle East Partnership for Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

jengirl

oh please...do you really think this is anything unusual for laura bush to be around saudis? her husband is best friends with the crown prince of saudi arabia. they have known each other all their lives. if you don't believe me, look it up for yourself.

Chris Y.

The Bush's modest (and recently built) home in Texas is 1000x more eco-friendly than Al's mansion. Laura is sitting down with devout Muslim women regarding a serious issue involving- surprise- women!.

What's the problem again? If she dressed in a burka you guys would see an even bigger conspiracy- "Look! She's one of them now!"

They're people, and they might have a past that could be called in question (see every President since Lincoln) but ask yourself when the last terrorist attack on U.S. soil occurred and ponder why our all-volunteer army signs up for two or three tours in Iraq.

sherrybabe

I hate that self rightous bitch mariried to that idiotic moron (redundant) can u feel my hatred for the two of them... the next prez is gonna have to disinfect all theeir evil out of the white house... stupid bitch

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

"Have you never in your life thought you could make a difference? If you have, you are losing in this forum."

I make a difference every day. Enabling my enemies to spread their REAL evil (ie: the evil that wishes actual DEATH upon Christians and Jews) is not how I would choose to make a difference. I'm sane.

If enabling evil is how you choose to make a difference, well, I pity you even more now than I did after your first asinine comment.

"Losing in this forum?" Are you serious? That's funny. I've lost nothing, except perhaps 5 minutes time, and every time I post I thank God I live in a society where a woman can actually USE a computer without having to beg a man first.

Elle

This picture is a wonderful argument for America and democracy. These women look like they are already dead and in their shrouds. Laura Bush is vibrant and alive. God Bless the USA.

COCO

I voted for Clinton twice, for Gore and in the last elections I voted for for Bush. In each ocassion I was doing the best for our country.... Let's see...

Sadam hated Bush
Bin Laden hates Bush
Castro hates Bush
Chavez hates Bush
Clinton is a very good friend of Bush
Laura, that is a total lady, is married to Bush.

Liberals please, you have to get over hating Bush, it's becoming boring, obsolete. The majority of the american people voted for him, because the MAJORITY of american people knew in their hearts that he was better than Kerry. It's about perspective, stupid!

phlood69

Juan is a silly man. NOT all women in UAE wear that non koranic potato sack. To wear such oppressive garb would completely negate her reason for being there. The reason is because, just as they hide their women, they hide their women's illnesses. I can only think of Nancy Pelosi in her burka while in Syria, Syrian women were DISGUSTED and commented off the record saying "she has put back the course of women's rights in Syria back 700 years by showing that even a powerful free woman of the west, is subject to men. Shame Juan... Shame.

Twinker

As a breat cancer survivor, I am proud for Mrs. Bush helping these women. I believe she could have helped more women by pushing an agenda of stem cell therapy to find a cure not only for this cancer but for other diseases as well. I also wish Mrs. Bush had been a more vocal First Lady earlier in her husband's tenure in office.

He's just another Idiot

Its amazing how many dumb-ass liberals are posting tonight. American's voted for him, not Gore or Kerry. Maybe he's not too good at speech making but I would rather have him as
President than those two losers. As far as the next election - ANYONE BUT HILLARY. She is a Socialist and your taxes will triple if she is elected. I'm already sick of her silly phony speeches and her bulging eyes. No wonder Bill had to find comfort elsewhere.

Elle

I do not oppose Mrs. Bush' liaison to these women. However, I am glad she appeared as an American and did not join them as a black shrouded zombie.

Tee

Smells like neo-imperialism to me...

rudewaitress

So nice to see that Laura could attend her Class Reunion...!!!

firefox lover

Hands down, that's the funniest picture I've ever seen on TMZ.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

"100. We do not all worship the same God. Allah is clearly a God of hate as expressed in all the mosques that preach hate in the name of their God. Their are certainly evil people who call themselves Christian but those people act aginst the loving Christ of the bible as opposed to Islam which glorifies subjugation, violence, and murder, of everyone who does not share their belief in the Koran. Judeo Christian faith does not call for the murder of all those who hold different religious beliefs."

This bears repeating. Thank you for having your head screwed on straight, Elle.

The moonbats and useful idiots who continue to argue against this truth and logic would be wise to actually READ the Koran before defending the contents.

Dog is a racist mutt!

Good for anyone fighting cancer of any sort! Cheers! That aside, I do love the American ideal, but Mr. Bush is a dangerous man and a criminal. Studying up on anything related to Blackwater will show you exactly how much this man is in the pocket of the Military Industrial Complex. Most of Bush's advisers have fled the ship like rats from a sinking ship. The fact that many military leaders openly talk about his incompetence speaks volumes about his character. People in the military just don't do these things. Until now. It also looks like he is trying his very best to start a war with Iran now. If that happens, then get ready for World War III. The man can't even put together a sentence without flubbing it! Foreign policy, what foreign policy- his wife is doing better at being a diplomat than he is. There are so many other things that can be talked about- endless things. Just what positive changes has this man done for America? Seriously. I am NOT a Democrat or Republican either. I WILL vote for anyone who can make positive changes, irrespective of party affiliation. I'll vote for anyone not associated with Bush. And although I live in Arizona, I will not vote for McCain- even if he is a war hero. He is a war hawk and not a man of peace. Ron Paul, Obama, Clinton? I won't choose until the election is closer and more of their real agendas come out. Until then, I still can't believe that Bush wasn't booted from office! It just shows how much apathy has become a part of American life. History will NOT show Bush in a positive light! Believe that!