Celeb Sisters' Wildfire Rescue

10/27/2007 2:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shane and Sia Barbi, aka the Barbi Twins, are helping spread the word that there weren't only people displaced by the wildfires that swept through Southern California this week -- there were pets, too.
Barbi Twins
On their website, www.thekittyliberationfront.org, the sisters have posted the contact information for dozens of animal shelters all across the area, as well as phone numbers for various VCA Animal Hospitals -- all of which are "no-kill" organizations. The cat in the above photo is actually a brown tabby the sisters found after the fire -- with no chip and no collar. All together now, "Awwwwwwww."

The models-turned-animal activists are coordinating some rescue efforts, calling for volunteers and the fostering of injured or lost animals. They are even working on a fundraiser tentatively scheduled for December 22. Shane tells TMZ, "People love animals like their family."

Check out their site for information on how you can help.

katamarran

1st

Hyde

I have no idea who these girls are (sorry), but anyone helping animals is SUPER in my book! Go Barbis!!

BCHWS.org

These two women ROCK !!! Thank you for taking the initiative to speak up and put out the information to the public on how ,where, and when to find there displaced family member. For the animals~ www.BCHWS.org

joe

idiots

K

At least we didn't have some idiot writing "FIRST". Finally, someone with brains and has some intelliegence on what to say.

OCD

They don't look like they are petting the kitty, the one on the left looks like she's about to jab a straw into that kitty's skull and suck out its life force.

RUN KITTY, RUN!

laubre1

We need more people out there like the Barbi sisters. Throughout this fire ordeal, I kept wondering about the animals and was hoping it didn't turn out like Hurrican Katrina, with so many animals abandoned. (I myself adopted Katrina 2 dogs.) When people have to evacuated in a hurry, animals are often left behind.) I applaud the Barbi sisters!!

3 - you are the low IQ idiot. Maybe some topless Barbi photos.

9inch

These chicks look so fake.... their lips look swollen from mirror kissing and their bolt on boobs look so cheesy. But even the brainless can help out. Insted of spending money tanning and sugery not you can help thy neighbor!

kim suck

plastic surgery FREAKS!!!!

Mark

who gives a crap about the pets. pets are NOT people. people are more important, pets are replaceable, people aren't.

Heehawg

Kudos to the Barbi twins for helping the animals!!! I wish I was there to help them.

sarah

Nice Lips! Why do any women think that looks good?

Barbi twins - I volunteer to serve & adore & worship them.

PatM

THANK YOU, Shane and Sia. Shame on people who leave to save themselves, but leave their pets behind. I live in Florida (hurricanes), and have made arrangements to have my pets cared for whatever the weather creates. People can help themselves, animals can't. Thank you for caring about animals!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments