Elaine Stritch -- No Halloween Costume Required

10/29/2007 12:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Having to explain a joke usually kills it, but Elaine Stritch went out of her way to let TMZ know she's one scary-looking woman.

Cameras caught the 82-year-old Broadway baby leaving the Guggenheim in New York on Saturday, curlers in hair, when our photog asked her Halloween plans. Elaine replied, "I'm just going to go out as usual!"

Moments later, she banged a U-turn, and not happy with the reaction to her joke, she told the cameraman, "You didn't seem to get the point, the point is, I scare people when it's not Halloween, so when Halloween comes, I just go out." She left our cameraman in stritches.

CrystalHasAnOpinion

LOL..I love old ladies :X!

Steph

thats just mean.

pepper

Poltergeist .....rofl..

Steph

this is what i get first for....ayyy veyyyyyyy

TVannie

Perhaps the question was a little mean-spirited?

Regardless, Elaine Stritch is a treasure. Her theater and movie and TV roles are beautifully crafted. She is a true living legend.

Besides, not everyone has to be spray painted orange, stuffed full of silicone, just getting out of rehab (or jail) and without underwear to be written about!!!!

If you write about "real" stars, you know, people with talent, you would be doing us a great service.

just wondering

...ELAINE...ur AWESOME!!!...u handed that low class idiot well!!!!!!!!!!!....a TRUE STAR!!!!!!!

kadengirl

She is my very favorite performer in America.
You go girl - I wish you nothing but that which makes you happy.

barbarab

She is a wonderful person and she has all my respect-------God love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someday

she is a wonderful wonderful talented woman.....she knew just how to handle the cameraman......
tmz...give these people respect....they deserve it....she has done more creative roles in her long career than these so called "camera" people.

tippy katz

No, dear tmz, she didn't kill the joke, she just had to explain it to your moron cameraman.
After she said it, he was probably drooling and looking confused.

Karen Walker

Go after the pointless ones (Britney, Paris et al) all you want but leave the legends alone.

LensmanCT

Elaine Stritch is a classic. I saw her off Broadway one woman show a few years ago and she was brilliant. The woman is 82 for crissakes. I doubt that Paris or Lindsay or Britney will still be considered celebs if they (God forbid) make it to that age.

jaded

She is fabulous and still going strong....adorable video and she is so fashionable, to boot. God bless her!

Chris Brown

That broad kicks ass!

Robin

I mostly shop online at Couponalbum.com and saved money on every purchase.....................It is a fantastic shopping site which is full of best offers related to Halloween costumes......................!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments