« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom Crash Victim Suffering Leg Paralysis

11/1/2007 5:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lamar OdomL.A. Lakers star Lamar Odom's accident victim is suffering from paralysis of the left leg.

TMZ has obtained these photos of the crash -- just moments after it happened.

Family members of the woman tell TMZ that since the accident, she has not had use of her left leg. They also describe her as being positive and "keeping her chin up" about recovery.

Police are investigating Odom for allegedly running a red light in his Mercedes and T-boning a Geo Prism driven by a 37-year-old woman. Firefighters had to use the Jaws of Life to extract the woman from the wreckage. We're told Lamar did stay and comfort her until help arrived.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

fha secure rates

what a waste of basketball career!

Me

He was probably stoned again.

College Grad

I feel so bad for her, i hope everything works out and she recovers!

@fha loans ...his career isn't over
@X..they already stated that no drugs were involved, sorry, this is not a story about the habitual drunk drives Brit and Linds oh yeah and Paris!

Boxy Roxy

I hope she sues him for every asset he has.

marketmoon

Oh my. Someone is in TROUBLE.....

I dont understand the pictures - why are the cars so far apart?
How did they hit eachother (I know he t-boned her) but, the scene looks weird

marketmoon

TMZ - WHERE IS LAMARS STATEMENT?????????????

STATEMENT MR.ODOM --------STATEMENT.

Sorry maybe? False? Anything?
ANYBODY HOME!!!!!!!!???????

marketmoon

hhhhhhaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa

she can prolly play ball better with one leg than he can with two

yuelulu

I'm sure the thought of a huge settelment is more than enough to 'keep her chin up'.

JaimeNTexas

3. I feel so bad for her, i hope everything works out and she recovers!

@fha loans ...his career isn't over

Posted at 5:57PM on Nov 1st 2007 by College Grad and Foreva a fan of HIp HOp'

and you know what else...He actually stayed at the scene...HAHAHAHAHA Let the games begin

tired of cry baby

red potato, why would you hope that ? so he's poor and sits in a single wide trailer collecting unemployment like you ? i hope she's taken care of if she is injured long term, but why are you so miserable? are you handicapped? injured ? or just a miserable human being ?

HOPP ALONG

SHE DOSEN'T HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON OVER THIS ACCIDENT. LOL/

marketmoon

To Comment #11 HOPP ALONG
That was an AWFUL thing to say.
No very nice at all.
I am not sure you would think that was so funny, if you were the one laying in a hospital bed wondering if you would walk again. This board is starting to make me ill.
I have been watching it and biting my tongue, but now I HAVE to say something.
Shame on you. At least some of you.
Rhetorical distasteful comments like that are NOT needed.
Stop and THINK people - perhaps HER family members read these boards.
And guess what? They do. I am her sister. The sister of the girl who got hit by Odom.
I am worried about her - for those of you who have expressed your concern, thank you, it is much appreciated.
For those of you who use this board to bash and make fun of people. Grow up.
This site is here for "entertainment" I understand that.
But please, please, do try to at LEAST be somewhat respectful.
There was a girl hurt, you know.
And by the way, for those of you wondering, she is hanging in there. There are a lot of tears, and she is scared, but she is hanging in there.
ALSO - I HAVE to state this for my sister. She said Mr. Odom was NOTHING but completely nice to her after the accident. She was stuck in the car, and he actually wnet over and was holding her hand, and rubbing her hand. SHe was crying, as well as he. Sad it had to happen, but when push came to shove, he WAS worried about her.
Thank you Mr.Odom for trying to calm my sister after the accident.
My sister feels bad that everyone is bashing HIM!
ANd SHES the one who got hurt..... not you NASTY people who write bad things.
In my eyes,,,, my sister is a class act.
Why dont you act the same.
Pray for them BOTH. They BOTH deserve it.
Helen

WHAT?

I hope running a red light DA was worth it.

Jaime you are looking for any racial story

Dave

Regarding the position of the vehicles, each vehicle spun 90 degrees to the left after the impact. The silver mercedes spun left and stayed appoximately where the impact occurred. The gold car was traveling in the direction the silver car is facing in the photo. After the impact it spun left and skidded 20-30 ft to where it is in the picture.

If you zoom in you can see Lamar bent over talking to the girl in the gold car.

marketmoon

UNBELIEVABLE IS THAT HIM IN THE PICTURE?
I THOUGHT THIS WAS A JOKE AT FIRST
THIS GUY HAS REALLY BAD LUCK OR SO I'VE HURD
WHO IS THE VICTIM IS SHE UNDERAGED? IT SAYS SHE IS IN HER THIRTIES BUT WHY ARE THEY NOT RELEASING A NAME

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN THE ACCIDENT? IT SAYS HE RAN A RED LIGHT, IS THERE A SHADY AREA SLIGHTLY RAN IT OR BLEW THRU IT
I THOUGHT I HURD IT WAS THE GIRL WHO RAN THE LIGHT