The Dog Apologizes

11/1/2007 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dog ChapmanDuane Dog Chapman has issued the following statement apologizing for his racist tirade caught on tape:

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. It was completely taken out of context. I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term.

I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people – who have already suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused. In Hawaii, we have something called Ho'oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance.

I am meeting with my spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, and hope to meet with other black leaders so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again. I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing. I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me. We learn from our mistakes, as my story of overcoming a life of crime has proven, and I will learn from this one for the rest of my life."

George Bush Hates Freedom

He must think that we are all idiots. HOw can that be "Taken out of context?" He said what he said in a hateful manner, better yet, he even admits that they use that word often. It's absolutely disgusting how much racism boils just under the surface of people who claim to be decent. Then he calls on his pastor (who is probably the only black person he knows) to stand up for him. The pastor should be ashamed of himself for coming to his side, he is a racist. Racists use racist language. Bull$hit Dog, you are a racist prick and I am so dissapointed.

Susan B

THIS WAS A 'PRIVATE CONVERSATION". WE ALL HAVE OUR PRIVATE FEELINGS!!! There are many racists both BLACK AND WHITE. So A&E, I want to see "Dog the Bounty Hunter" back on the air.

DOG DID NOTHING WRONG, EXCEPT I DO OBJECT TO HIM COMPARING HIMSELF WITH GOD
"IN DOG WE TRUST" That is just wrong.

LAURA

DOG, YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW NOT TO JUDGE BY THE COLOR OF SKIN... IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOU WERE JUDGED ON YOUR SKIN COLOR AS WELL...YOU WERE A CONVICT AND A NO GOOD HOOD THAT WAS ALWAYS UP TO NO GOOD IN YOUR BOOK.... YOU REALLY SCREWED UP DOG

Renata

I think he meant what he said but if one asks for forgiveness it should be given. I never watched his show nd dont intend on starting.

Boo Hoo

Up yours dog. You didn't seem angry to me on that tape. You were just laying down the law. If you or Leland or anyone else in the family dates a black your fired. It was not taken out of context at all. I hate appologies that always have a way out. You were caught and you are finished. The End!!

Haha suckers...

#17, too funny: )
And that probably is EXACTLY what is going through his head right now!!!!

blah blah freakin' blah

#18 Go spew your vomit somewhere else.

Lori

Too late to start back-pedaling now. Cry, repent, whine all you want. We all know what you really are now.

From a FORMER fan.

Babylove

The only reason I ever had any interest in Dog was because of his loyalty to President Bush and his appearance of being AN AMERICAN with pride!

Donnie J

If you mean what you say, never say i,m sorry. I dont, even if it means getting beatin down. Or they may try it, but I dont lose very often.

Boo Hoo

If you listen to the tape you will find the real reason for the apology. Thirty years of work down the toilet. That was the point you were relaying on your message to your son. You screwed up big time. If you didn't like the character of the person your son was dating you would of communicated that fact, not the fact that she was a "N". You are a fake and a disgrace. Keep your phoney apology.

tiredofpeoplesayingwhattheymeanthenapologizngforitwhentheyreallydontmeanit

This guy is less than one generation removed from the trailor park and he's calling people names?! Redneck...Yes, I meant it, I stand by it and I am NOT taking it back! Take note, Dog, THAT'S how you have a backbone!

Jack Schitt

Polish = pollack, Italian = whop, German = kraut, Spanish = spic, Negro = ? hmm I just do not get it?

Anna

Dawg: Al Sharpton is the laughing stock of America; even black people are ashamed of him. He's the first one to start yelling about black injustice. Has anyone ever seen him stand up for White Injustice? Hell, no. Sharpton is an idiot - you're a much better person than he is - PLEASE don't apologize again - and stay away from his damned march!

specialcrimesinvestigations

So what every one is saying here is..... That even all black people
that use the same word,(On a daily basis) are racist too?!
So where's the rants and raves about that as well or is it ok since they are
talking to or about themselves? Does anyone watch the comedy channel,
The majority of black comedians use it every other 8 words but I hear
NO ONE ready to do or say much of anything about that so all I hear
here is alot of double standard ranting!If you're going to yap about
one, then start yapping about them all or shut-up!
And on the other hand Chapman only started his show to build a star type status to
hopefully avoid being sent back to Mexico on his own criminal charges
and it worked, He got away with it, What a joke he has been to the
entire Bail Bond industry. Maybe people can and will learn from from this!