The Dog Apologizes

11/1/2007 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dog ChapmanDuane Dog Chapman has issued the following statement apologizing for his racist tirade caught on tape:

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. It was completely taken out of context. I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term.

I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people – who have already suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused. In Hawaii, we have something called Ho'oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance.

I am meeting with my spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, and hope to meet with other black leaders so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again. I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing. I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me. We learn from our mistakes, as my story of overcoming a life of crime has proven, and I will learn from this one for the rest of my life."

Annyk

Why is anyone surprised. How in the world does he and his wife, both extreme white trash, warrant a TV show

Diana

Interesting that dog has such a foul mouth in private(which his younger kids must hear)and in public of course a totally different side. I would like a direct answer from him what his definition of the "N" words actually means, since he says he has no disrepect for black people and all they've suffered. Don't want to see him go to some baloney rehab or marches. Just apologize and explain what the "N' word means in your vocabulary.

LT Dan

Hey cuz, you want one false crack across your mouth? I be the one fo crack you mullet man. Who you to call a brother portagee? Your big ass wife is one portagee!
You want to mess with Pacific Rim karate tae kwondo champion? I bust you up like long board hitting Queens Rock.
You got one ugly nasty family be calling Hawaiian a Portagee. How about you meet me down at Ala Moana at 3 PM today so I can wash out you mouth with soap? Maybe I even give you proper haircut so you dont look like big fat menehune. Actually you is a mahu, thats what you are, a damn mahu.
False crack, medevac. Hawaiiiian!

rjinchi

turning to a spiritual advisor - who ms. cleo? nope she's black. Give me a break, why is it that every time a so-called "celeb" gets into trouble, they turn to religion, sprituality, or whateve the term they use that they think will help them out of the jam they created?

laurie

Since when is racism a mistake? Racism is not a mistake. It's a mindset, a deliberate mindset, and should never be tolerated--in public or private. There is never an excuse for using that word. Never. And the only reason he's sorry that he used the term--because he certainly showed no regret in the tape--was because he got caught and it's going to cost him money. The one who says "Amen" the loudest is the biggest as*hole in the room.

pg

How did the conversation come to be publicized??? Enemies...........

Boo Hoo

You said on the tape that you and your clan throw around the "N" word around alot. Why don't you explain to us in what context you use that word on a regular basis? Give us an example of how you use this word regularly and than we can determine if the tape was really out of context or not. Good luck with this one!!

Nancy

I love his show and will continue watching it.
Please, give the guy a break. He screwed up, and he's owned up to it. There is no reason they should be suspending his TV show. What kind of "investigation" is A&E going to conduct? The guy has apologized, he's obviously embarrassed, leave it at that.
He is a good family man.

yo

I don't think Dog wrote that he didn't say BRA one time.

Tangie

This is America...land of idiocy. Say something stupid, meet with the rev. Who is this clown to tell his son who to go out with? I believe completely now, that he is not who he portrays himself to be. I have no doubt he is the rotten drug addict his other kids say he is. Good riddance to you, puke.

Boo Hoo

Listening to the tape Dog mentioned that they all use the "N" word around here. I guess that means your whole family is a bunch of racists. Thats real nice how you are bringing up your kids.

carol

Don't feel you have to apologize - you don't. It was a private conversation between father and son. Let me tell you if he was my son, I would have him over my knee by now for releasing the conversation.

tiredofpeoplesayingwhattheymeanthenapologizngforitwhentheyreallydontmeanit

Mandy! I TOTALLY agree with you...AND I AM BLACK! Just a note, I emailed Al Sharpton this morning and told him to steer clear of this. He can't speak for me! I will email Dog and tell him how I feel myself, if I have something to say.

See, I gadjeated sis grade, too! I can speak fo mysef...

Corey Haim

His wife Beth is half neigro herself. I don' t think the tape is real.

Diamondk

Why does he need to talk to so called Black leaders? I am black and I dont consider Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson or anyone else to be my leader or speak for me. If I was offended by anything this man said ....tell Al Sharpton is not going to make it any better. And truth be told I am not offended because I am not surprised. I live it everyday. I know what to expect. I know it exsists. And I know that it will be said, even by those who claim not to be racists. All that is hidden in the dark will come to light.