The Dog Apologizes

11/1/2007 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dog ChapmanDuane Dog Chapman has issued the following statement apologizing for his racist tirade caught on tape:

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. It was completely taken out of context. I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term.

I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people – who have already suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused. In Hawaii, we have something called Ho'oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance.

I am meeting with my spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, and hope to meet with other black leaders so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again. I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing. I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me. We learn from our mistakes, as my story of overcoming a life of crime has proven, and I will learn from this one for the rest of my life."

Previous 15 Comments | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38

John

Everyone keeps saying Dog is picking up all of the criminals and keeping them from commiting crimes against your brother, sister and maybe you.

Do any of you reaaly watch the show????

Dog makes MONEY by bailing the criminals that you are talking about and putting them back on the street. Then if they miss Court, he goes out wih a A&E cmaera crew and makes MONEY again from A&E for picking them up on the show.

It is funny how people comment on issues that they must not watch or just do not get.

I am a Federal Judge and I guess it might take a law degree to be able to look behind the smoke and mirrors.

John

Sorry about the typos.

Brian

I never thought about it that way. I guess he helping Criminals by posting there bond. I have been thinking that he was helping out us, but by bong out these people, he is increasing the danger on the street.

These people he posts bonds on have already been charged with a crime and they are waiting for court.

WOW, talk about a spin on what he really does for a living!!

Joni

It's bull that a personal conversation was leaked to the media in the first place. Yes, he's a celebrity but everyone deserves some privacy. What he said was wrong. No doubt about it. But none of us know the girl or what kind of influence she may have had on his son or his family so we're NOT in a position to judge the character of the girl and if he was only commenting on her character (granted, the language was strong) he has a right as Tucker's father to make his point any way he can. I hope he get's the show back on the air.

S. Wilson

I cannot believe all the hypocritical people of ALL races on this board. Almost everyone of you have been guilty of using racial slurs, profanity, etc many times in your lives. The blacks do it to the whites, the whites do it to the blacks, etc and that's LIFE! Dog was in a PRIVATE conversation with his son when he was saying what he said about the black woman his son is with. It was NOT suppose to be for public scrutiny. His son is a TRAITOR for having taken this phone conversation to the Enquirer, of all tabloids! They are so underhanded and are liars! If I were Dog I would disown that kid of his. You just don't go and turn on your father and cause his image and career to come to a screeching halt bc of it. What a little moron! We all have the RIGHT to say and do whatever we please in our personal lives. Last time I checked this was a country with freedom of speech and personal freedom. What Dog did was his PERSONAL buisiness. It would have never been known had his ungrateful son not taking it public. So, all you hypocrites, stop acting so innocent. You all know who you are too!

robo

You had a hard life and you just are a reflection of that life. I believe you are truly sorry, but don't know if it is because you got caught and the consequences or if you are sorry about saying what you did.
I find this private conversation interesting though being your son ratted on you and now the woman is going to sue you for slander. that's like the Menedez brothers after they killed their parents of saying they were orphans. Had the conversation not have been taped and aired nationally by the son, there would be no national humiliation for her.
If you want to keep my respect though, don't run for Sharpton or Jackson. They owe many apologies for himytown, Brawly and the poor innocent LaCrosse players. These guys are slime and have no right to judge anyone.
Good Luck and get your family together first.

Amy - Virginia Beach

I think we all say things out of anger.... I mean really who hasn't?? I don't think any of us have a free hand to throw a stone at anyone. I think if A & E wants to cancel their show then guess what I'm sure another network will pick him up because it's a very good show and they do so much good for the community and everyone else. Why is he being so criticized for a mistake, he's only human.......

karen clouse

I have watched your show for so many years and really liked you but your comments show that you are a racist , I really do like you and your family I will pray for you all and hope to see your show on tv again real soon.

Previous 15 Comments | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38