The Dog Apologizes

11/1/2007 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dog ChapmanDuane Dog Chapman has issued the following statement apologizing for his racist tirade caught on tape:

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. It was completely taken out of context. I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term.

I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people – who have already suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused. In Hawaii, we have something called Ho'oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance.

I am meeting with my spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, and hope to meet with other black leaders so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again. I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing. I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me. We learn from our mistakes, as my story of overcoming a life of crime has proven, and I will learn from this one for the rest of my life."

Patricia

. MOVE ON U ALL, THERE ARE WORSE THINGS IN THIS PLANET , TO WASTE OUR TIME WITH A STUPIT COMMENT. DOG CHAPMAN IS A GOOD PERSON, HE CARES FOR THE ONES WHO ARE SUFFERING WITH DRUG PROBLEMS. PLEASE, LEAVE HIM ALONE.

Melanie

WHERE CAN ONE VIEW THIS TAPE OF THE PHONE CALL?

Im just sayin

Black Power Girl -

you are not doing a single thing but justifying the racist white person. You are PERSONIFYING what they claim makes black people less human than whites. Racism -by ANYONE - is wrong. This includes you.

Do you want black people to not be oppressed, or do you want them to take over? Sounds like you want FULL power, now equal power.

Mike

29. is a great example of why lots of people don't like blacks.. Maybe Dog has a reason. In fact, I know he does.

Im just sayin

#52 - you are an embarrassment to the white race .......... no wait.......

TO THE HUMAN RACE!

bunny

I lost a lot of respect for DOG.......I feel he is kissing butt, to save his show and his pay check.
Yes, this was a personal conversation, but the truth is now out. I will not watch this show any more. There is just too much hate in this world, when is it going to STOP!

San

You used a word that's unflattering and derogatory but you didn't direct it to any one person, you just used it. You didn't say it in a public forum, to humiliate or hurt another person, or be meanspirited. All of that is pretty obvious.

Work on it but don't make it a farce. Stay away from Al Sharpton and avoid escalating this into a cartton. No one is confusing you with Michael Richards.Maybe you'll grow as a person but you don't need to lose ground!

As to your son, what the heck was he thinking? He'd be off my payroll, off my phone list and HE'd be the one looking for repentance. Trust and respect go both ways. He's unworthy of them. I'd kick him to the curb for now. Maybe he'll grow up if he has to get a real job and live without your approval. It's not about forgiveness, it's about honor.

lizouttavegas

liar, liar...show biz future ON FIRE!!
stop apologizing...we all suspected you were an a--hole....stupid stupid
guy..leaving a message on a machine!!
and if your son is loved with conditions...I feel sooooo sorry for him....
shame on you....and whatshername....she's his mother?? not so much.
go away.
we dont like you....
get it old baldy??

BBSIS

I WILL NEVER WATCH THAT DOG'S SHOW EVER AGAIN- WHEN HE SAID IT HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS SAYING BASTARD

Michelle

Used to be a huge Dog fan---not anymore. His apology makes things worse---he says "it was completely taken out of context"---what crap, like we all misunderstood what he meant to say. And he took issue with her character, not her race? More crap. Then why did he only attake her race in such a hateful way. He said what he meant to say, and he should fess up. Besides, Dog---you have no right to judge anyone else's life. Who do you think you are? Leave your adult family alone to make their own life. You are a bigot who is hiding behind his pastor.

We support Dog

You know what we say in private should stay private, the goverment has made easy for people now to listen and record private conversations. What happened to right to privacy, Big Brother took it away. HOMELAND SECURITY aka Big Brother is listening so watch what you say. To Duane Chapman and your family my prayers go out to you.

Sandy

I didn't know he actually had fans.

DAN MAC

My problem with this is not what DOG said but the fact no charges have been filed against those who recorded him saying these things. In the US it's illegal to record audio of someone without their express written consent. Now if DOG's comments were made on a voice mail and he left this type of message that goes to show his ingnorance, now then the question goes to why did his son try to destroy his father like this? This family has to be a mess.

Corey Haim

What's this idiot's story anyway? Between that ridiculus hairdo and all that phoney cowboy/indian getup he prances around in. The only reason I ever watch is in hope that he, his fatass wife and slopehead family walk into the business end of a 12 ga. shotgun. The are always running around screaming at people with those cans of bug spray. Old Dogcrap will get his soon enough. And I read his fatass wife is half neigro too.

Tangie

I use that word all the time. I don't hate black people.