Brit Under Investigation by LAPD

11/2/2007 4:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the LAPD is conducting an investigation into a traffic mishap Friday, when Britney Spears ran over an L.A. County Sheriff deputy's foot.
Britney Spears
We're told the "traffic collision complaint" was filed by the Sheriff's Department and the LAPD is conducting an "active investigation." We're told the LAPD is looking at the possibility of hit and run.

The incident occurred as Brit was leaving the L.A. County Courthouse after her custody hearing.

UPDATE: The LAPD tells TMZ "The LAPD is aware that Britney Spears was leaving the courthouse. We are also aware that a deputy was injured. The LAPD is unable to confirm the details on the deputy's injury because the investigation is in its initial stage."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kim (wittlewabbitfufu)

I can't imagine how this girl doesn't run over 100 photographers a day. I have a hard enough time backing out of my driveway, I can't even IMAGINE trying to back out trying to avoid hitting people throwing themselves on my car.....Britt gets an A+

Ted

What an idiot

BOSCO

YAAAAAAAAAAWN

Aussie Mom

this chick just cannot drive and the LAPD needs to revoke her license forever....

get a grip

Then get the hell out of way!!! Look at them all over her car what do you expect.

Teesa

What a loser. She should be shot!

bhump

congratulations, tmz. you've created even more problems for someone who already has enough going on in her life. because of you and your paparazzi friends, britney spears may now face serious criminal charges.

shame...do you guys have any?

mmmMable

Rick

Step away from the car MORONS! Idiots... "Why'd mah feets get run'd ovar?" Oh, maybe because your dumb ass was standing 1in from the car when she drove off, instead of backing up and giving her and her 2000lb vehicle some room. "I thinks I'll suuuue..." Yeah, let her buy you a new wardrobe because YOU'RE stupid.

mom

the cop should not have been so close to the path of a vehicle, hell when a car is starts to move and I am standing next to it, I back off just a bid. Gues the cop is not an Einstein

Aussie Mom

She needs to go back to Louisiana and stay. There's more room to drive out there.. like big pastures where she can't hit someone...

Amy

Oops, she did it again. Dang, why ya'lls feet always under my wheel?

Crawford County Resident

OMGoodness...I cant believe she has the worst luck ever !!!

megan

Occupattional hazard. Have they heard the phrase, Injured in the line of duty.

Weirdenstein