Dog Leashed -- A&E Pulls "Bounty Hunter"

11/2/2007 6:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Things keep getting worse for America's favorite bounty hunter, just days after a taped hate-filled tirade was released.

A&E has now pulled "Dog the Bounty Hunter" from the air indefinitely. "In evaluating the circumstances of the last few days, A&E has decided to take `Dog The Bounty Hunter' off the network's schedule for the foreseeable future," the network said in a statement Friday. "We hope that Mr. Chapman continues the healing process that he has begun."

Officials for the network said the series, one of the network's top-rated programs, has not been canceled. Yet.

Previous 15 Comments | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89

Zoey Moore

I am confused, this was a private conversation taped by who? How many times have any of us made statements IN PRIVATE that we may not say in public. A&E shouldn't even be listening to any of this.

MaMaMe

DAWGSDASHIZZNIT!!!!! I know you are kidding about not watching A&E because of that trailor trash Dog and his hot ass mess wife. They have the nerve to call someone else out on something. DOG & KAT look in a mirror it's not the 80's anymore. You look like a broke down version of Hulk Hogan and his wife. Get a Make over and get your show back and stop trying to be this big bad ass that really a family man. Never fooled me.

The best show on A&E is the First 48....got to watch. Dog the bounty hunter should be in jail. Since he got off for that crime he thinks he can call people the N word. I heard him say that his black friend let him call them the N word. Yea, Dog until one you say something so f u c k e d up then they are gonna whip your stupid ass. That's totatlly a set up stupid.

Gab

This sure got out of hand. He had a PRIVATE conversation. The Enquirer has truly exploited his son, who just got out of jail. If I was the Dog, I would explore my options and go after the Enquirer.

He is NOT a Sunday school teacher. It is against the law to tape people without their consent. Tucker, did you sell your Daddy out for a truck? - or was it a TV? How do you feel now? Why aren't you on your kneas bagging your Daddy for forgiveness?

The Dog needs to stop crying and be a MAN. Kick ass. You were done wrong. And the girlfriend, who is going to sue him, she showed her colors. She should of made sure, this never went out of hand.

How would we all feel, if our private arguments made it to the Enquirer?! It is easy to pass judgment, until we have empathy. I say the Dog needs to CLEAN HOUSE, and take a break, to refurbish his tortured soul, and be strong, because some other network will pick him up. At the end of the day it is all about $. A&E dropped him, because they were afraid. He put out a real good show, that is the reason why he will be back. And one more thing Dog. Clean up. Have your teath fixed, cut your hair, look like a 50 year old guy. This is my best English. Gab

mamma1

WHAT YOU PEOPLE AREE NOT GETTING YOU SAY HE CHANGES LIVES HOW , HE GETS A CRIMNAL PUT UP HIS BAIL AND ALL THE CRIMNALS NEED TO DO IS CALL TO CECK IN ,SO THE WHOLE TIME THE CRIMNALS ARE OUT AND FREE TO DO WHAT THEY WERE DOING , AND THEN HE GETS LUCKY AND THEY RUN, SORRY PEOPLE ITS ABOUT MONEY .. YOS SHOULD GO RE READ STONE MAG AND READ AGAIN WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN THEY BAIL A MISFIT OUT

Lynn

Damn Dog you made a mistake HUGE MISTAKE AT IT TOO I still like yoru show but what you said was totaly uncalled for how can someone who preaches about drugs and making life better use a word like that but never the less it was a mistake I am sureI will give you the benifit of the dout hope to see the show back on the air again

tammy

we all made mistakes ive been called a cracker,snow bunny,honkie but i for gave

Buddy

Big Deal we watched a show the other night ANIMAL 2 We stopped counting the N word after 20!! Chief on SOUTH PARK uses the CRACKER word all the time, dosn't offend me. Either the word is offensive and should not be used at all or this Political corrective stuff will never end. Get over it if you don't want to be called "N" set an example to the rest of the people and QUIT using it yourself.

Millie Goble

I am sure that people have not stopped buying the products that were advertised during the Dog the Bounty Hunter Shows. All that has happened is that there really isn't anything worth watching on A&E anymore. I tune to other channels now. What does that do for sponsers and their advertisements?

Traci Tapia

I believe dog the bounty hunter has done more good than bad. I think that he should not be penalized for a mistake he made. What matters is that we all have made mistakes. What is important is what you learn and how you change yourself to be a better person.

PATTI

YOUR SHOW IS JUST WHAT MY GRANDSON NEEDS TO SEE WHAT THE REAL WORLD IS LIKE FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO CONTINUE TO USE DRUGS. HIM AND I ADMIRE THE WHY YOU HAVE CLEANED UP YOUR LIFE AND TRY TO HELP OTHERS DO THE SAME. JUST HANG IN THERE DOG. WE KNOW YOU AND BETH WILL BE BACK ON TV AND BETTER THEN EVER!

lisa

duane is a good person.he has help a lot of people.people make mistake.i no what he said was wrong but he said he was sorry and i belive him.when white people say the n word every body get mad.but when black people say the h world it is ok and nothing is done about and that is wrong to.

Caryn Dubois

All I can really say is that I miss the show and my favourite part was the honesty. I always liked the Dog for the Dog.

peggy in California

Dog is the realist of the real. If you only want to see sugar-coated edited for niceity things then watch reruns of the Brady Bunch. Everyone's life is at times full of contradictions. If you are a purist in your outlook you can find tons of contridictions on his show, you don't have to listen to the taped phone call.
I hope no one judges me or you the way Dog has been judged on these comments.
I am a parent of 4 high spirited, now grown kids who have not always made brilliant choices (just like everyone) and a few of those immature choices got me in a pickle and I ended up footing the bill and the consequences for their lousy behavior. Parenting ain't for sissies. This family is in the public light and the price tag for Tucker's crappy choice with the tape is way higher than mine was, but I can sympathize and empathize with Dog even if I do not condone his language. Some day Tucker will feel the same, probably when he is a parent and he has to love his child after that child does something dispicable.
I refuse to side with the crowd against a man who has been as transparent and real with people as Dog has been. Do you have the courage to be so exposed on a daily basis as he is? How would you deal with your kids exposing you - mistakes and all - out in front of the world. Nothing is more emotionally charged than parenting. I have spouted some stuff in anger and desperation at my kids when trying to get them back in line, off drugs, to quit smoking, to straighten up, that would peal paint off steel, but in my heart I knew only love motivated it.
I will be praying for Dog and Beth and all their extended family.

Previous 15 Comments | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89