Dog Barks Back -- I'd Kill Myself for Forgiveness!

11/7/2007 10:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Dog has only one excuse for dropping the N-word in a leaked phone message -- "I thought I was cool enough to be able to use" it.

Duane "Dog" Chapman was on "Hannity & Colmes" last night for his first interview since his son sold tapes of an N-word littered rant to the National Enquirer, and tried his best to defend himself against and apologize for the hate-filled tirade.

Chapman will continue his tour of contrition tonight, in an interview with Larry King.

Lisa

I too, watched the Dog last night. I really believe that he felt "he was cool enough to use the N-word". That is the way street-gutter people talk. He is around low-lifes all day long. I believe that the "Dog" has changed his ways over the years and wants to do good.

He learned that you never can be "cool enough" My support is with the Dog and his future with A&E. Hopefully, others will understand.

reggie

Hey Dog, i'm a 31 year old black man, I forgive you brother, theres is no use to hold a grudge. I hope you get your show back.

forluvofhorses

The fact that the conversation that Dog had with his son which contained all the racial slures was a private conversation, I feel it should of remained that way. What his son did was wrong. If Dog had been on a public forum speaking and used this language, then we have something to bitch about. We all have said things in private that we never want to be made public, what makes Dog any different?? Why isn't anyone lashing out at what his son did? Hang in there Dog!!

Rachealle

The person who did wrong is his son.

Do you swear or say things you don't mean in private? Yes, most people do. I say things I wouldn't want anyone else to hear around my friends and family. It's normal. What a terrible person his son is. What a betrayal! He may have ruined his dad's life. I hope he feels bad about this for life.

College Grad

@Dont Apologize
It attitudes like yours that help fuel stereotypes and keeps the divisions going. You generalize all black people into one catergory...AND THATS WHEN PEOPLE LIKE ME, who have never been arrested, do commit crimes, do sell or do drug, don't have any out of wedlock children, have a college education , and a good job, get offended. I understand that there are some bad apples in every bunch, but that doesn't mean that every single black person in America is this way. Its not like every black person is sitting around waiting on reprarations from slavery. Ignorance comes in all shapes, sizes, AND COLORS. Its not just blacks who act this way, i've seen it in all races. So contrary to what you see on you local t.v. show we are not all ghetto, uneducated, and lazy. Why don't you get to know some black people who are actually achieving something with their lives and i'm sure you wouldn't have this perception as do many others. Its all in the company you keep.

WHAT?

MJC-

Nobody is stopping YOU from an eduation, to become one of those careers that you mentioned.
GO FOR IT!! The UNCF will pay all of your tuition.

I paid FULL tuition for my education and our daughers. Kind of lop-sided, don't you think?

I TOO FEEL THE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. EVERY TIME I OPEN UP MY WALLET

Reality is....

I do not watch Dog the Bounty Hunter, but I did was this interview last night. I will tell you, I was curious to see how this would unfold and how he would approach the situation.

This guy was totally pathetic on this interview last night, boo hoo'ing, crying, not able to catch his breath he was so upset. I don't know, I don't know...but to me, he said it and humiliating yourself not once (the original tape), but TWICE (last nights interview) is kinda low.

I did feel for him and felt he was being heartfelt. I am white, but I have a daughter that is half native american. I was also born and raised in a little town in Illinois before moving to California. I have heard my child be called a half breed by even family members.....I have been called a "redneck", "trailor trash", a "hick" by people here in California. Words can hurt, and yes..these are very demeaning terms to use for a white person. I am college educated, and do not consider my daughter a half breed, nor do I consider myself a redneck, I wasn't raised in a trailer but rather a ranch, and I am not a stupid hick.
These are terms that are very demeaning to me.....and we are all called names. I'm not black, so I don't know how it feels to be called the N word, but I DO know how it feels to be called those other things and it does hurt deeply.
I know these things, and if someone would go on national tv and humiliate himself like Dog did last night, I would forgive them....I would have to because that's the decent thing to do as a human being.

I forgive him, I think the only way this place is gonna get any better is if we DO forgive, and let our children learn from the negative part of the situation (the language used) AND the positive part of the situation (the forgiveness).

Our children must learn that using this language is not tolerated, and we also must teach our young in this country how to forgive.

brownsuga

MJC thank you for your comments. I too am an African-American woman who is deeply offended by any type of derogatory statements aimed at race, sex, religion, etc. This is something that needs to stop. This is for all of you undercover racists out there: Stop thinking you are undercover. You are not. You are very easy to find. You stand out like sore thumbs. You do not think you do, which makes you even more obvious. So many of you have made the comment that just because someone uses that particularly hateful work, that does not make him/her a racist. Really? What then? This statement carries the same weight as "Some of my best friends are black." For Duane or anyone else to use the excuse "I thought it was cool to use that word," I will be very succinct here, it is not. It is not cool for anyone, and I mean black, white, yellow, green, aqua, etc., to use that word or any other derogatory term. My "name" for the purposes of this site is brownsugar. Now, I have an actual name which is how, if you want any type of positive response from me, you'd be wise to use. To call me outside of my name, whether you like me or not, and for whatever reason you may not like me, would result in a great deal of difficulty for said person. Can I forgive someone for using that word, yes. Would I ever forget, no. Keep that in mind people, this word carries a lot of hate and negativity.

LaShawna

He is just making it worse by begging for forgiveness and making like he is crying.
Be a real man and accept the fact that his career is over. No one will stand up for him now because they know they will be finished also.
I hope his son will enjoy that money he got because he won't be ever be getting anything else since he ruined his Dad's ability to make money.

Greg Martin

Funny how people are so quick to believe the stories told by admitted crackheads who are being paid by the National Enquirer. Google "National Enquirer" and "Libel" and 84,200 stories come up. Unless they have someone on tape, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who'd consider them a credible source. Grow a brain?

Scott Roberts

The ONLY reason this dog is making the rounds is to save his gravy train; no pun intended. Notice how he always looks perfect on his show but appeared physically pathetic last night on Hannity & Colmes. No make-up; baggy eyes; clearly staged discomfort. This whole apology tour is nothing more than the same act his show is. One bad guy walking up to him with a .45 against that stupid hair spary can he uses and no more doggy on TV . . . . .

Carol

The current fix for these type of people seems to be "going to therapy". I am sure his PR people will make him do this next. Go to A&E's websit, contact them and let them know that time will not fix this problem...This works for both Dog lovers and Dog haters...That is what I love about America...we all can have our say. Stop arguing with each other, it will not do any good.

MSWIN

OH PLEASE I SAW THE INTERVIEW ALSO HE IS A BABBLING IDIOT...COULD HE USE SOME OF THAT MONEY TO GET A FACE LIFT OR SOMETHING...I LOVE HOW HE WAS CLAIMING TO BE SO SORRY AND AND SOBBING...BUT THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS PART WAS WHEN HE CLAIMED THAT HE HAS PLAMMED TO BE BURIED ALONGSIDE THE GRAVES OF UNKNOWN SLAVES..GIVE IT UP DOG...GET ANOTHER PROFESSION

Donna S.

I am so tired of seeing and hearing Blacks people in the media constantly saying the "N" word and being able to comment freely on other races but when a White person does it they end up losing their incomes, having to GROVEL before the media and apologize 5000 times and then up making the obligatory head hung in shame visit to either Rev. Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson so they can receive divine forgiveness. To me his racial views are just a free speech issue and although I dislike his views that isn't the only problem I think he has. Being a hypocrite is one of the main ones!

I've watched his TV show since the beginning and I always wondered how he was calling himself a Christian when he uses such incredibly foul language on his show, lived with Beth for YEARS before even bothering to get married, has 12 children with HOW MANY different women and does mention that he did time in prison but is kind of cagey that it was for being involved in a MURDER!

I don't think he really regrets WHAT he said, he regrets that it got caught on tape and that the phony image he has built up about himself has come crashing down.

Carol

Hey Greg...they got The Dog "on tape" WTF are you talking about? You do not want to believe what "the crack heads" are saying because it is not on tape. What about this that they do have on tape? I think it maybe you who needs to "grow a brain"!!