Dog Barks Back -- I'd Kill Myself for Forgiveness!

11/7/2007 10:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Dog has only one excuse for dropping the N-word in a leaked phone message -- "I thought I was cool enough to be able to use" it.

Duane "Dog" Chapman was on "Hannity & Colmes" last night for his first interview since his son sold tapes of an N-word littered rant to the National Enquirer, and tried his best to defend himself against and apologize for the hate-filled tirade.

Chapman will continue his tour of contrition tonight, in an interview with Larry King.

Carol

WTF? I thought I was cool enought to say the "N" word..."I'd kill myself for forgiveness"? This just shows what an idiot you really are. Hey Dog...find the tallest building you can in Hawaii, then jump...jump...jump...Now that would be cool...

What military are you in, #15?

Duane Chapman sat by and watched as Jason died - he did nothing to report the incident.

Chapman, a former gang member with 18 prior convictions for armed robbery,[2] was sentenced to five years in a Texas prison in 1977 after being convicted of the first degree murder of Jeremy Oliver.

Please do the Oliver family right and DO go kill yourself -

PJ

Guess none of you have ever cussed anyone out or said anything horrible to a loved one in anger that you wish you would not have said?? PULEEEEEEEEEEZ!!! We have ALL been guilty of saying things that were wrong when we were angry.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't ........awwww you know how it goes.

Sharona

I think a lot of us have said things in private that we would not want broadcast to the world. Are we not entiltled to private conversations anymore? The real problem here is DOG needs to someway mend his family problems with his children. Any kid that would sell out their father needs some serious help.

cherilee987

this is so stupid...he said something people didn't like in the privacy of his home not expecting it to be broadcast...everyone does it ...it may not be the word he used but we all say something we don't want aired in public...talk about hypocrites...everyone who condemns this man is one...stop acting as if you've never done anything you regret!!
Judge not lest you be judged

wake up

I do not care for dog, but the man did not use the "N" word in any way that was meant for African Americans. He used it as a free willing word like the "F" word. He explained that to his son. We are becoming such a baby senstive society that we are willing to hang anyone for anything silly. Words only have the power people give them. And the power he gave this word was not a raciest power. I am sickened that this taped recording between him and his son would matter to any of us. GET A LIFE people!

wake up

susieq

WHO GAVE HIM ACTING LESSONS IN THE LAST FEW DAYS?THAT WAS QUITE A SPECTICLE LAST NIGHT OH BY THE WAY WHERE WAS BOOBS AT?

cattyone

His son is a douche. Give Dog a break.

Pinkpearsonaka@yahoo.com

I saw this interview, and I was not impressed. "DOG" has not even met the lady that he talked so crudely about. And that part about being buried with slaves was not impressive to me.

I am glad A & E took a stand. "DOG" can't be out in public 'capturing' criminals when he has racist tendencies. A & E saw that and took action. And I don't agree that he is black. He is NOT black, and I don't know why he thought he was black.

On a side note, did he not have a stylist? He looked like he hadn't gotten any sleep since word got out that he is a racist.

Jonathan

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today. Dog's language may lose him his Rated PG show on A&E, but he could start a Rated R show reading the future (possibly HBO or Comedy Central). If you listen to the tape, squeezed in between the vulgarities were alot of predictions that came true. Ironically, he even suggested selling the tape to the Enquirer!!!!!

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

He's not a bad guy. noone is perfect

Spinsters

Why does Dog say that Tucker is responsible for his criminal past when he was younger, but that it would be a reflection on him (dog) now if Tucker got in trouble again? Tucker is a grown up now and was practically a child before. This sounds so backwards to me. Personally I can't make heads or tails out of half the things dog says. He doesn't complete most of his sentences & he contradicts himself all over the place. I guess you have to be short a few handfuls of brain cells to get him.

blackgirlwhiteguy

A private conversation that was never intended for public consumption. I hope noone is taping my every or your every private conversation as now we see how our words in private, words said in anger can come back to haunt or even destroy us. What's that about people living in glass houses and people without sin casting the first stone? All of you haters must be perfect

Nancy

Last night I watched Duane "Dog" Chapman was on "Hannity & Colmes" last night and at the end of the interview I was more than convinced that this man is inocent , he is not a racist., he is a good Christian man who said a stupid thing because he felt comfortable around his black friends and he though that he was one of them. I love his show and hope A & E or another net work brings back his show. DUANE CHAPMAN IS NOT RACIST, as a Latina women with dark skin I know a racist when I see or hear one. THIS MAN IS A GOOD MAN AND DESERVES ANOTHER CHANCE. Even his spiritual Pastor who happens to be black stated last night during the interview on Hanniy & Colmes that Duane Chapman is not a racist.