Osmond Army Invades Chicago

11/10/2007 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Various Osmonds assembled at a Chicago airport, where the nearly 100 of them took up most of a terminal. Security!

The grieving group is gathering for the funeral of Osmond family patriarch, George, who passed away Tuesday at the age of 90. Services were held Friday in Utah.

Woody McBreairty

THE SOBBING OSMONDS ARE AT IT AGAIN. DONNIE AND/OR MARIE ARE ALWAYS ON TV SOBBING AND WAILING AS THEY REVEAL MORE AND MORE DETAILS OF THEIR PERSONAL PRIVATE LIVES. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS TO DISPLAY THEIR GRIEF FOR THEIR DEAD FATHER ON TELEVISION? ALL I CAN THINK OF IS THAT THEY HAVE TO KEEP THE PUCLICITY MACHINE GOING AS THEIR CAREERS HAVE LONG BEEN ON THE DOWN TURN. MOST SANE CIVILIZED PEOPLE DO NOT PARADE THEIR PERSONAL PRIVATE AFFAIRS IN PUBLIC THEN SIT ON TV AND SOB AND MOAN AND CARRY ON FOR THE WORLD TO SEE AND HEAR. THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO SHAME OR NO DIGNITY. I'M SO TIRED OF THEM, I WISH THEY WOULD KEEP THEIR PRIVATE AFFAIRS TO THEMSELVES AND JUST SHUT UP.

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

think big, close-knit families are GREAT.

Canadian Queen

How could you hate the Osmonds? I mean you have to be a very bitter person in life to hate them. Are you jealous because they have happiness and love in their lives? And you don't? There are some seriously screwed up people on this site! On another note, I am surprised nobody commented on the little girls matching purple outfits.They look a little prairie -ish. What's up with that?

beefcake

Hey JMO>>first of all you are a lint licker. It is celebtities, not celebritys as you wrote. So it is obvious that you are not an educated person. I thank God I WASN"T raised by her parents because I might have turned out like them. They have no shame and I and obviously many people out there find the entire family pathetic. It is too bad that you didn't have good parents and I am sorry for that. But don't go saying America wishes they had been raised by her parents because that is simply ludicrous. OMAR #51

beefcake

Well said #51 OMAR

tjf

George Osmond passed away on Tuesday. The taping for the Oprah show was on Wed. Many of the Osmonds were already in Chicago when they learned of his passing. It was a family reunion, a tribute to the patriarch of the family and a tribute to his legacy.
WOW I cant get over the negativity and misinformation in this thread

beefcake

You may as well get over it TJF> This is how 99% of America feels. Perhaps there is something wrong with you!! Because you are blind as bat if you think this family is genuine.

OhReally!

Something seems strangely peculiar about these folks. Hmm...

beefcake

OH REALLY>>>>>How does this relate at all to the topic of this forum?? YOU are an apparent idiot.

kelly

Alot of us grew up w/this family, if they want alot of kids , so be it, I come from a very large family and love it, leave them alone already. Just goes to show the committment they will do even when there father passed away, that's true committment, obviously very good values- all families have problems but they seem very tight knit-more power to them and to their parents for raising a good bunch of people.. As for marie fainting on DWTS, come on, she's doing a great job, your catty comments make you seem like jerks, where's the empathy- get real, you go and do it and see how you do.

fdodgerfan

Now that I know they're Mormons I believe those stories of Donnie and Marie sleeping and have sex with each other. Its very typical among those people.

My two cents

Beefcakes-
I'd much rather have a problem with spelling than having a hateful heart as you do. How sad that you come on this site and do nothing but rag on everything written here. You must lead an extremely pathetic life. How sad for you. I will pray for you.

beefcake

Please don't pray for me JMO. I have a very loving heart. I don't hate on everything. I just call em as I see them and this family IS pathetic. 95% of the people posting believe the very same thing as I do so maybe it is you who should open your eyes. And enough with the prayer thing. I need a vomit basin!!!

My two cents

Beefcakes- I find it very funny that you can call someone on the carpet for spelling, yet you seem to have a math problem. 95% of the people posting here agree with you? Out of 66 posts: 32 posters admire them; 19 had horrible things to say and 19 of them were either neutral or were responses from other posts. Hmmm....check your math.

Erica

Sorry but the Osmonds are the real thing. So many people act as if they are Phony because they don't cus, the have good hygene, they smile and actually have family values. You are soooooo wrong. Your hate is only a reflection of your own cynical and sarcastic views on the world. I have dealt with both Donny and Marie over the years and can say they are wonderful, responsible, respectable and very decent human beings. Those of your flipping out over dancing with the stars..... Get over it.
It is just a tv contest, and it is just a popularity contest. Nothing more, wow the winner gets a disco ball trophy. Vote for the person you think should win, then shut up.

As for them being Mormon, So what its a free country... live and let live.
BTW .... i am not an Osmond and am a christian.

I