Donda West Warned About Surgery

11/12/2007 6:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that just weeks before Donda West died, a plastic surgeon refused to perform procedures on her because of a health condition that could have led to a heart attack.

We've learned Beverly Hills physician, Dr. Andre Aboolian, was set to perform a tummy tuck and breast reduction on Ms. West, but told her she needed to get clearance from an internist whom Dr. Aboolian recommended. We're told West never went to that doctor, and subsequently had the procedures performed -- but not by Dr. Aboolian.

Story developing ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

$$$$$$$

#25, you should do the exact. To all of you that don't believe when it your time to die, it your time. You just better have your heart and soul in the right place. God is your creator and when he want you nobody or money can save you. Yes, she could have took the advice, but it was her time to leave this ugly, hating world. She's in a better place now, there people that been shot from 1 to 10 times or more still living, because God didn't choose them. Maybe their heart or soul wasn't in the right place, maybe he know they are good people, but don't want them going to hell or whatever the case might be. Mr. West, it was time for your mother to leave you. God let it be that you're were out of town, so that you would'nt witness your mother death. All of us that put up a post will die oneday. I pray everyday that I go to Heaven and I pray that everyone of us will go too. I pray that we can stop this hating and I pray for the day that we can start loving. # 25, I don't hate you, but do God a favor try to show more love and that goes to everybody. On Dec 27, 2007 will make 2 years that my 22 year old son was murder shot 4 times. I know that he went to Heaven because a God show me a sign. And yes, I forgave the killer and Mr. West find it in your heart to forgive your mother death.

Bonnie

I pray for the West Family.
I send my deepest sympathy.

Claudette

People, please: If just one doctor issues a warning or concern, it makes sense to get 1, even 2 more opinions BEFORE you proceed. Any and all surgical procedures involve risk! Even with medical clearance!

My heart goes out to Kanye and family. Their loss is unfathomable!

jstepa2

This is so sad. I believe God is telling us something here, that Vanity killed her.

lady 55

it boggles my mind a woman as intelligent as dr west could not believe that true beauty comes from within and it is something that you dont have to worry about fading away.may god rest her soul.

Rawr!

It's her own fault, she should have been wise enough to listen to a professional.
I can feel no sympathy for a person who knows the facts yet refuses to heed the warnings.

And Kanye is an idiot. He needs to get hit by a car.

Jean

The family have my deepest sympathy and may God heal your broken heart.

Amatullah

This is a real tragedy, Dr. West was an educated woman, she should have known better. She could have settled for a good corset and who would know the difference. She played russian roulette and she lost. As for the Dr. who performed the surgery they need to lock him up and throw away the key, he's nothing but a greedy butcher and a disgrace to the medical profession. Let this be a lesson to us all, the one thing money cannot buy is another life.

mommie

This is just too said. I just found out a M.D. can perform plastic surgery without specialized training. What's up with that? He or she can just go to some seminars and BAM they CAN perform TUMMY TUCKS, IMPLANTS, OR WHAT HAVE YOU. That just isn't right.

SuzanneV

How truly tragic. I didn't even know of Kanye West until I read about the untimely loss of his beloved mother. As hard as it is to believe, things happen for a reason we may not realize for some time.

Ann

I agree with you paulie people are so ignorant,What if it would of been one of there family members. people need to becareful of what they say.They never know what life has in store for them or their loved ones,We should be praying for the family.

Blessed Tesha

#14 How could you, This is indeed tragic, I can't see how anyone could feel such hate for a fellow human being and to say such negative words at a time like this. You just never know what's ahead waiting for us or one of our family members it's just not right.

Mr. Kanye West my prayers goes out to you and your family in your time of lost.

ang

A perfect example as to why we should acccept ourselves for who we are instead of the expectations of what Hollywood insists is acceptable. Maybe she shouldnt have tried to look like one of the girls in her sons videos. A few extra pounds is a better alternative to 6 feet in the ground. Vanity is one of the seven deadly sins....

WhiteFox

Nice one thanks the for the good info!!!!!!!

Free speech, and lovin every minute of it.

I believe the whole point has been missed, this mans mother passed away weither it could have been prevented or not. She's gone, not here and will never come back. If that alone dosen't make you think before you post a comment, just think about yourself being in his postion. He can be as arrogant as he wants, it's got him this far. And if your hattin your just mad cause you can't be him, but if you could you would. And for his comment about Bush not liking black people. Have you been able to walk in his shoes to even be able to understand the reasons behind it. NO! so how are you to judge, Comments from # 41 and #49 could have been saved to yourself, or maybe you don't have a mother so you don't know what it feels like. Mines is still alive by the graces of GOD. I would never be as heartless as you have, myself. Someone needs to pray for HIM to have mercy on you. Or I forgot your a big bad heatless ass person you'all don't need any body. Good luck going to the place those people are sent, I guess you won't be able to scream out ICE WATER PLEASE. Huh! Kanye will just have to ignore you hatin MF and learn to live on. MF's hate what they don't understand. And Kanye is real missunderstood. The KKK can say they hate black people, but Kanye can't state a fact if that's how he feels people do it all the time. Hell just pay attention to this sight. Laugh in the face of haters all day, there are all around.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments