Paparazzo Seriously Injured in Spears Madness

11/13/2007 12:26 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Miraculously, the victim was released from the hospital last night with only a tire mark on his arm. Not a single broken bone, and no internal injuries. Lucky guy!

TMZ has confirmed a paparazzo on a motorcycle has been injured while chasing Britney Spears.

The accident, first reported by That Other Blog, happened around 5:00 PM tonight, roughly a mile from the Beverly Hills Four Seasons Hotel. Several cars were in line chasing the pop princess when one hit another photog on a motorcycle, throwing the rider off the bike and onto the road. We're told the rider was seriously injured and transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. His current condition is unknown.

UPDATE: We're told that the injured person is what is known as a "spotter," and does not actually carry a camera. He will follow the star and tip off other photographers to her whereabouts. We hear he's fairly new to the Britney beat, only appearing on the scene in the past several days.

Dean

It was bound to happen.They need to get a life,and quit wasting their time following a no talent singer.If she wasn't good looking,they would not give her the time of day.

Darank

tp://www.canoe.com/divertissement/celebrites/nouvelles/2007/09/16/4501076-jdm.html

I know it's in french, but it was a good series of article on paps life, if you want to run it thru a translator. It is stated in the sixth paragraph that when she is in a good mood she buys paps coffee and tells them where she will go. Also stated in paragraph 8&9 that a lot of the time it's a set-up. Interesting read if you want to bother.

David

I think it's time for a new career move for this guy....He got what he deserved, for doing something stupid....now, maybe he'll get a REAL job.

Jennifer

Wow....so when is it going to be enough?....I don't know about anyone else, but I could not possibly care any less about what Britney is doing....stop chasing her down for her pics....stop paying a bazillion dollars for a pic of her picking her nose....leave her alone already!

Wow my goodnesss

And the problem is?

Hyde

Not a lot of sympathy here.

Amy Silverman

Does Britney Desperately Seek Paparazzi?AOLPosted:
2007-10-01
17:09:31Filed Under: Britney Spears, Star Scandals, Music News(Oct.
1) -- If you feel bad for Britney Spears having to constantly fend
off hordes of paparazzi, you may lose some of your sympathy if you
keep reading. In a new column, Chicago Sun-Times writer Bill Zwecker
offers some insight into Spears' daily workings. Zwecker's sources
claim that almost daily, Spears finds out where the paparazzi will be
that day, and then makes sure she heads to that area. Spears
sometimes
even does the grunt work herself, Zwecker reports, calling hotels to
find out what press junket or celebrities will be there on that day.
Photo Gallery: Britney Hearts/Hates the PaparazziMost Wanted / ZUMA
Press Wherever Britney Spears goes nowadays, dozens of flash bulbs
are popping all around her thanks to a constant swarm of eager
paparazzi.1 of 9 "Even though her professional career and personal
life are train wrecks and she seemingly is paying little attention to
her appearance, she is doing everything she can to make sure she's
photographed almost daily," a source inside of Britney's camp tells
Zwecker. The source goes on to report that Spears or someone in her
entourage will call hotels, nightclubs and other popular paparazzi
hangouts to "find out what's going on ... who's there today." The pop
star will then show up to get her picture taken. "Britney is obsessed
with keeping herself in the public eye. She has told me several
times, "If they don't see you [in the media], they forget you ... I'm
not going to let that happen,'" the source said. The surprising
revleations come after a tumultuous year for Spears that included
many complaints about the paparazzi. In an interview with NBC's Matt
Lauer, Spears said that photographers "crossed the line" and said "I
feel like I'm a target." In another incident, Spears beat on a
photographers car with an umbrella in the days leading up to her
checking into Promises rehab.
----------------------------------------------

RLScott

Sorry the person was Hurt BUT NOW MAYBE THEY WILL BACK OFF OF HER !
FOR GOD'S SAKE PEOPLE SHE IS HUMAN AND THEY ARE ALL PUSHING HER TO HER LIMITTE AND NOW HURTING EACH OTHER JUST TO SEE WHEN SHE PEE-PEE'S NEXT .
GET A REAL JOB PEOPLE. LEAVE THE CLEB. ALONE ALLOWE THEM TO HAV E PEACE .

Flavin

That's what the guy gets.
Celebrities, regardless of whom, have the right to move around and live a daily life without being impeded by a dozen photographers 24 hours a day.
It looks like Britney is followed 24/7. Sure, she makes mistakes, but I bet a lot of them are because she is being watched about every minute of every day. Princess Diana died trying to avoid that very thing.
I'm a photographer too and I still think these paparazzi people are a-holes. Maybe this dude should use his photography skills in some other fashion.

sunshine

OH MY GOSH, BRITNEY SPEARS IS NOT WORTH ALMOST LOOSING YOUR LIFE OVER FOR HER UGLY PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO LEARN THAT TAGGING BRITNEY OR EVEN LOOKING AT HER WILL CAUSE INJURY. I HOPE THE GUY IS OK, AND IF HE IS NEW AT THE BRIT CHASE THAN I'M SURE THIS WILL BE HIS LAST.

anon

unfortunately, its going to take something extremely traumatic to take place for the law to change and protect everyone involved

Wow my goodnesss

Yeah #114. it's going to take something like Brit killing a family of 4 in a head on collision.
I don't understand why or how she gets away with these things. Nobody else would.

Art

Paps need to be run over more often. Princess Diana is proof of that.

Larry

WOW

I was driving down Santa Monica Blvd and saw a fallen motorcyclist along Rexford. I guess this was that guy. He looked in bad shape, face down, not moving... I hope he's well.

curious

I find it interesting that no one is reporting on whose fault the accident was. Was this guy breaking the law to keep up with the chase? I really feel sorry that some one was hurt, but you have to admit he did it to himself.