Dr. Jan Adams -- His Appearance on "Oprah"

11/13/2007 12:14 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In November of 2003, Dr. Jan Adams -- the plastic surgeon who operated on Kanye West's mom before her death -- appeared on an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

According to his bio, Adams has made "countless appearances" on television -- including serving as host for a show on the Discovery Channel called "Plastic Surgery: Before and After."

He also co-hosted NBC's "The Other Half" with Dick Clark, Danny Bonaduce and Mario Lopez.

c

Um hello people how the hell is Oprah in any way shape or form responsible for what happened to Kanyes mom? She has famous people on her show, so what it dosnt mean shes responsible for any of thier actions esp. hello! 4 yrs after the show! Get a life people!

dc

Nobody said she was responsible but please admit the fact that millions of unthinking people take her word and those she endorsres as gospel. She has a responsibility to the public to screen the credentials of the people she brings on the show as experts. Promoting anyone soley based on color is wrong...white or black. America is so caught up in celebrity and this is is just tragic proof how wrong it is! If you take nothing else from this tragedy as the consuming public look before you leap. There is a reason other surgeons turned her down........because it was the right thing to do!

Iwonder

Have any of you seen Jan Adams website? The last question he asks his potential new clients is "would you like Dr. Adams to do your surgery or one of his personally "TRAINED ASSOCIATES then adds at a reduced rate"???? I could not believe that he would allow someone he trained in his office to perform plastic surgery procedures on his patients after alluring them with a "reduced rate". He is not board certifed, obviously a drunk driver and has been sued for malpractice twice which he paid out over $500,000.00 to injured patients. He is a quack who killed Donda West....... Plain and simple.....

Eyeroller

Opera???!? who went to the Opera :sheesh: OPRAH

LucyLU

#15 R.--I agree with your comment regarding Oprah and her selection of guests. Since she states that she has such high values and so forth---more effort should be made by her investigative team to see such mishaps. (i.e. lack of board certification, multiple DUI status, malpractice suits).

Ms.Anonymous202

I don't think the doctor did anything wrong. Tragedy can happen after having any kind of major surgery, if you don't follow directions from your doctor. I had an adverse action to a breast reduction in 2002. The doctor did nothing wrong. I failed to follow directions, therefore, I ended up having a second surgery. Anyho, Ms. West was warned of the complications that could follow her COMBINED procedure. She did not take heed - therefore, she had to pay the price. I know it sounds harsh - but it's true. My heart goes out to Kanye. His mom was his bestfriend. Poor him.

Grandmamel

There is no evidence that says he has make a mistake at all in the case of Donda West.
People should quit condemning people until they are PROVEN guilty. This poor woman
could have very easily just had a heart attack, or something completely unrelated to the
surgery she had.

LyMan(Nature Boy)

Unfortunately, having that (George Bush doesn't like BLACK PEOPLE attitude) may have had a negative impact on the West family and how they see WHITE people. It's not always a good idea to ONLY deal with BLACK people just because their BLACK. Martin Luther King said it best when it comes to character and not color.
GOD BLESS the West family.

Jamie Hart

That was me... I wish I would have gotten my surgery. It was only after I was video taped, naked, for an evaluation that I was told there was not enough publicity to do any of the surgeries.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4