Nicole Brown Simpson's Story Was Almost Told

11/17/2007 8:13 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole Brown SimpsonWhile Denise Brown, Nicole Brown Simpson's sister, has no problem railing against O.J. for writing a book about her sister's murder, she nearly did the same thing almost 10 years ago.

According to Rush & Malloy, back in 1998, Denise approached Judith Regan -- the same woman who is suing HarperCollins over O.J.'s "If I Did It" -- about a book that would have featured Nicole's own diaries. Regan even secured Brown a $1 million deal. The only problem was that Denise didn't have the rights to Nicole's memoirs.

The book never made it to print. Sources tell Rush & Malloy that not only did Brown "turn down every writer," she "couldn't remember many stories about Nicole."

Brown told Larry King last year, "It turned into a tabloid version ... And I wasn't going to do that. I cannot sell out. I don't care how many millions of dollars people offer me. I cannot sell my sister to the Devil."

Simon Cowell: Botox? Yes. Gay? No

Simon Cowell"American Idol" judge Simon Cowell tells the Daily Mail that while he hasn't had any cosmetic surgery, he has had Botox. That's close though, right?

He tells the paper, "Yes, I've had Botox, but not in an obsessive way. Then again, every guy I know who works in the city has had it now."

Cowell also debunks the rumor that he wears a wig ("No, it's all real"), and by the way, he's not gay. He says, "If I was, why hide it? It's not as if the music business would be an odd place for a gay man to work."

Party Favors: Live from New York, You're Out of Work ... Uma's Stalker Is Guilty -- Or Not

As the WGA strike reaches week two, NBC staple "Saturday Night Live" laid off nearly its entire production staff, Page Six is reporting. While one source told the paper that nearly 90% of the staff was let go, another tells the paper, "'SNL' laid off all their staff until further notice. Their production staff, even long-term employees, were let go." ... Jackson Jordan was in court yesterday to answer to charges of stalking "Pulp Fiction" beauty Uma Thurman. When asked for his plea, he told the judge, "I plead guilty. I mean, I plead not guilty." The judge refused to lower his bail and sent him back to jail.

Matt Damon

A White Man Killed Nicole!!!!

zp119fred

She is gorgeous. seems saw her before on a celebrity and millioniare dating site like wealthymingle.com or something. But don't know if it is her.

Tangie

Denise Brown was glad when Nicole died. She was always jealous of her, and she took the opportunity to step into the limelight. She is fake, and loves the camera.

MT

Wouldn't it be something if OJ Simpson really didn't kill her and in the future this person is caught?
Goldman the gold digger will have to give all of that money back to him and apologize.

Somehow I can't see OJ killing her. Look at the goofus, he can't even steal his own stuff back without getting caught. He might know who did it or might have even paid someone to do it, but it's hard to believe he would be able to kill Nicole and her healthy young boyfriend at the same time by himself.

nonnie

I can't believe what you people are commenting here--I guess ignorance is bliss for blogging false information. Anyone who still thinks that OJ did not kill Nicole you need to read Vincent Bugliosi's book--'Outrage'. You will not have a shadow of a doubt that OJ killed Nicole and Ron Goldman. As for Denise Brown, she has been a strong advocate for the rights of abused women for many years and has turned down a lot of projects just for money and publicity. She has also tried to protect OJ's and Nicole's children---Sydney and Justin. I really wish she would have published her own book as I am sure there would have been numerous people to back her--especially women authors.

Tangie

nonnie-We think you are ignorant.

slongo

Well, that settles it then, if YOU can't picture it- must not have happened.
Glad we got that put to bed finally.

Gia

And this time he's going to be found guilty because he'll have a jury intelligent enough to spell "DNA".

And Simon, you're the coolest!

Tangie

Jenna---For your information, the jury had a correct verdict. The defense proved there was reasonable doubt, due to the screw ups of the LAPD.

slongo

Posted at 10:35AM on Nov 17th 2007 by MT
"Somehow I can't see OJ killing her. Look at the goofus, he can't even steal his own stuff"

MT, you are a dumbass. Just wanted to clarify that my comment above was directed at you and wasn't my opinion of his heinous behavior.
I don't have to picture it to know he's capable of violent, selfish, mindless rage and stupidity.

Gia

For your information the jury was too stupid to even spell DNA, much less understand its complexity. Secondly, they were determined from the outset to aquit because in their victim mindset he's a poor black man being set up by "the man".

Spare me the proper verdict crap. You're obviously as ignorant as they are. Guess what? Won't get so lucky this time, not in Nevada baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tangie

Jenna--You are the ignorant one. Good thing all potential jurors don't think like you. Wanting to get someone just because of what they did before? And you're obviously racist.

LaShawna

That jury would not have convicted Mr. Simpson if he said he butchered Ron and Nicole.
They were all black and they made up their minds before the trial even started that they would not convict Mr. Simpson because they wanted to get us white people back for all the innocent black men that might have been wrongly convicted in the past.
If Nicole be black they be find Mr. Simpson guility.
Even as ignorant as most of them were they be know Mr. Simpson be guililty.

Dave

White people will never get it. OJ is not beloved by blacks, however we were happy when he got away with it. Why??? Since so many rich white men get away with murder everyday. It is not a victim mentality, it was more basic and less evolved instinct. Pure vengence against the system. However most blacks want him to fry now, we had our moment. We are sick of him and his motley crew. We do understand DNA, we also can be manipulated just like white people. Think Iraq war! We never co-signed that one.

JAMES

FOR THE "RECORD", (OJ) DID NOT KILL NICOLE!!!. IF YOU WANT TO "KNOW", WHO DID , THEN GO ASK (RON GOLDMAN'S) ROOMATE. OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T, BECAUSE HIS THROAT WAS SLIT FROM (EAR TO EAR), LESS THAN SEVEN DAYS LATER!!!!!!!!. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!!!. REST IN PEACE (N & R).

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments