Kanye Breaks Down On Stage

11/18/2007 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West broke into tears last night while attempting to perform the song "Hey Mama" at a concert in Paris.

In a video posted on YouTube today, Kanye can be seen holding his hands over his face and just standing in the middle of the stage as the band began to play the song. Eventually a few band members came to console him. The crowd can be heard chanting his name over and over again.

West left the stage, but eventually returned to perform the song "Stronger" with the audience yelling out their support. He is expected to return to the U.S. for his mother's funeral, taking place on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

donna

Hello To West and the Family, I am very sorry for your lost, Your mom was a very special woman, my prayer are with you and your family. I knew how you feel too. My mom just pass too on november 11th 2007 heart diease + etc. I am thinking about her all the time. I know your pain ok. May god bless you Kanye Weat, your dear fan Donna.

Jean

Why is this filed under Wacky and Weird? What's so wacky and weird about mourning the loss of the a loved one???

Just Sayin'

zoemayne

wheres all the hate? what do you critics have to say? this is real life. this is a tragedy.

Jean

Wow, there are a bunch of heartless folks working at TMZ.

Just Sayin' again....

cass

Poor kid; probably still to raw and too early to be trying to perform. Maybe he thought it would be the best thing to do - he probably can't find solace anywhere right now. I hope he turns to the good Lord for help and strength, because that's about all that will help with such a huge loss. I'm praying for ya, Kanye.

Mysty Maples

What would be wacky and weird is that he could make it through that song ever again without breaking down. The man's mother just died, unexpectedly. What moron decided this category was appropriate for this story?

Click HERE please.

50 cents needs to retire!

Terry

The guys in shock still trying to deal with the reality of death and commitments.
I only imagine he goes from disbelief to anger to over wellming sadness.
He needs a quite spot for a few weeks to come to terms with it all.
I really feel for him.

I get it

I just lost my mother on the 2nd. I know how he feels. So sad. Sorry Kanye.

Kelli

I just you tubed Hey Mama. She did an awesome job raising Kanye. What a beautiful tribute.

omofmom

There are people who support you in Oklahoma City Kanye! Come home and and let your family support you. Happy Birthday Oklahoma!!!!!!! 100 years young.

zoemayne

he probably feels guilty since it was most likely his money and definitely his success that led to a too early death for his mother. he'll pull through i wish him the best. D

Terry

# 1 you had the chance to write something of meaning and that was it? where is the hate?
That makes you the hate baiter don't it?

FlBiker

I hate 'em.

Wicked

Just heartbreaking. All my best to you Kanye.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments