Kanye Breaks Down On Stage

11/18/2007 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West broke into tears last night while attempting to perform the song "Hey Mama" at a concert in Paris.

In a video posted on YouTube today, Kanye can be seen holding his hands over his face and just standing in the middle of the stage as the band began to play the song. Eventually a few band members came to console him. The crowd can be heard chanting his name over and over again.

West left the stage, but eventually returned to perform the song "Stronger" with the audience yelling out their support. He is expected to return to the U.S. for his mother's funeral, taking place on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.

VAN-HALEN ROCKS

GOD BLESS MR.WEST...

Stupid People Piss Me Off

Putting that vid up was wrong. Period.

Janice

This man still has to bury his Mom, and he is still preforming. It must be so hard for him to continue, as I remember, Kenya was very close to his Mom. You have to give the guy some credit for going on with his work. TMZ ......you people are the only people I would call wackey.....................Pleeze........... get a life and stop the hate!

zoemayne

To #58 Mr. E
1)You misinterpreted my message i did not say its kanyes fault
2)None of my messages are hateful your misinterpreting what i've typed
I didn't say anything was kanyes fault i was just SPECULATING that he may feel at fault because it was his money/success that possibly led to this. If i were kanye i would FEEL at fault not BE at fault. If you are interpreting any hate as you read my comments than your misinterpreting what i'm typing.

TO THE PEOPLE THAT SAY KANYE IS RACIST TOWARDS WHITES: HOW CAN HE BE RACIST IF MOST OF HIS FANS ARE WHITE? MOST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS SOLD OUT SHOWS ARE WHITE.

Lysette

I hope that Doctor does jail time. He killed Ms. West. Based on Jan Adams sloppy record, it was only a matter of time before he killed someone.

Kanye is strong, he has a ton of loving support and he will get through the next few days. But he has to live with this horrible tragedy forever. This could have been avoided had she been in more competent hands.

Riley

The mother got her hands on a few bucks and wanted to change her look. Paid the price.

Feel sorry for the people who were just killed in that cyclone.

Angiebaby

Kanye, Kanye. Why, oh, why are you pushing yourself when you have a broken heart and a crushed spirit? Stop all this nonsense and come home. It's time.

combjockey

God bless his heart. reminds me of how I felt as I watched my mother die. a part of you dies when your mother dies. my heart goes out to him....

smokeshaq

respect for getting up on stage.

i feel for him. my concolences... tragic loss...

Mike Melendez

Keep your head Kayne up, God has bless you dearly your mother will always watch over you.

Tony Ebony

I'd be glad to help Kanye with his mother's estate. Of course, I'd want my usual cut of the booty.

FlBiker

Who Cares?

Blah blah blah

God bless him for trying. No one can tell a person how to morn the loss of a loved one. There is no right or wrong way to get through this tragedy. In time he wil figure a way to deal with it. My heart goes out to him.

Blah blah blah

FlBiker

Many care, my heart goes out to you, because you obviosly have no one you care about or that cares about you.

Dave

I will say it, he is an arrogant cry baby. Grieve in private, you are a fame whore. I never liked you and I still dont. Could your mother check this quack out? Stop whining and be a man, you punk.