Kanye Breaks Down On Stage

11/18/2007 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West broke into tears last night while attempting to perform the song "Hey Mama" at a concert in Paris.

In a video posted on YouTube today, Kanye can be seen holding his hands over his face and just standing in the middle of the stage as the band began to play the song. Eventually a few band members came to console him. The crowd can be heard chanting his name over and over again.

West left the stage, but eventually returned to perform the song "Stronger" with the audience yelling out their support. He is expected to return to the U.S. for his mother's funeral, taking place on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.

KRYSTAL

THAT CLIP MAKES MY HEART BREAK & HE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN

budweiser

Staged!

Miss Miss

It is wrong that whoever filmed this let it out. We are all just people, Kanye included.
TMZ you need to have some respect, and take this video down. You've gone too far.

KANYE WE LOVE YOU!

$$$$$$$

Mr. West
After I lost my 22 year old son, I thought that I can return back to work after taking 3 months off. I found out the hardest thing to do is going back to work. You have made enough money, take some time off and find something that you can do that will make your mother even more happier. You see sometime we have change our career. Please whatever you do don't give up on God and yourself. Ask for strength and please pray and ask God to keep you in touch with your mother. To this day I still keep in touch with my son,

stacie

MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIM!! I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO LOSE YOUR MOTHER.. GOD BLESS HIM AND HIS FAMILY!!

Connie

I'm sending thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

Walter

I'm surprised that he didn't blame her death on George Bush.

just wondering

...That was pretty heart wrenching to wathc, brought tears to my eyes making me think of my moms passing, it is a horrible feeling, gets easier with time, but he neds a grieving time,,,no flippin way he can sing that song again for a long time!!!!!!!!....poor guy !!!

Darrin

THE DEVIL RUNS AND OPERATES TMZ...AND HARVEY LEVINS LIL COHORTS ARE HIS DEMON SEED

anonymous

I lost my mom when I was a teenager and it took me 10 years to even talk about it. I would tell him that this is too soon. I still break down at times. It is the most painful thing anyone can go through, besides losing a child.

Kelli

Very sorry to you. My mom went into total kidney failure last year and my dad had a heart attack in her hospital room. No lie. My prayers are with anyone who loses a parent. Mine are unbelievably ok, after my dad had a triple bypass and my mom is on dialysis. I caught a glimpse of the pain I will one day go through.

Thomas

just wondering

..anonymous #108 ..ahh that is sad...glad u have pulled thru , I'm positive ur mom would be proud, passing of a loved one when it is least expected is like no other pain, just wanted to let u know I was touched by ur posting, u r a wise human and good will come from it!!!!!!!!!!

L.S

so sad poor guy

jack Shite

Some people will do anyting for publicity.

If he is so torn up then whey doesn't he mourn in private instead of on stage in front of thousands of people and cameras??

It's all about pity for him.