Emotional Kanye -- My Mom Was My First Fan

11/20/2007 12:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye has been tight-lipped on the death of his mother, but on Sunday night at a concert in Belgium, he talked to the audience about his feelings on continuing to perform, the media and what people have been advising him to do since the tragedy.

After West finished talking, he paid an amazing musical tribute to his mom. You gotta watch.

Nutage

Sad deal.

Kate

I can't believe the disgusting comments above as well as the self-promoting ones, c'mon TMZ some editing please? A young man lost his mother. And yes, she died from causes of an elective surgery but the point is...she died. It doesn't matter how or when...a person lost their mother. Can we have some compassion for a fellow human being? All Kanye is guilty of is an over inflated ego but that doesn't warrant such cold and disgusting responses.

omofmom

Dr. West is being laid to rest here in Oklahoma CIty today. I had hoped to see Kanye here for the funeral. The West family live here and she will be laid with her parents. I don't know that he will NOT be here but, It seems that he is very busy on tour.

Buster

George Bush hates Belgium.

MH

Hey Kayne, everyone's Mom is their first fan. Your family didn't corner the market on feelings and emotion.

Regards

Mark

Sad time for him.

someone

Never really liked kanye he's kinda arrogant... but i feel for him on this one...
its very sad...

plus, kanya likes journey? who woulda thought?

Renee

#2 you are trash... may you burn in HELL

#3 he will be there... there are flights all the time, just cause he is on tour doesnt mean he would miss the funeral

#5 wtf is that supposed to mean???

anyways... beautiful tribute... i couldnt imagine going through a loss like that, but we all will, and hopefully we can all handle with the strength and respect Mr. West has...

K

WOW, Go Kanye!

Irene

If he's so upset with his Mom's death then why didnt he cancel his concert? Makes you wonder.....

Kelli

Really don't know his music. Really dont care about his opinions one way or the other.I do think he has the right to grieve however he wants. Throw yourself into your work if you have to. Anyones opinion here does not matter.It's obvious his mom and him had something special, I hope my kids feel that way about me when I'm gone.

egriffin

While I am all for free speech, TMZ needs to take charge here. I don't like Kanye West but I am not going to make fun of him with this tragedy. He's a jerk for sure but he lost his mom for God's Sake!

#2's comments in particular were disgusting. Go crawl back to the KKK hole you came from slimeball!

Insert comical name here

I feel bad for him, I know losing a parent is very hard for anyone, I don't really get why he feels like sharing his loss with strangers. I would think he would want to cling to family and close friends during this trying time. At any rate, I am tired of this story, please give the guy some privacy and move onto other things TMZ.

TREE

I can truly say that I was never a Kanye fan before his mom passed. But my heart brakes and my prayers are with him. After all he is just a boy that lost his momma! And to see the hurt and pain he is going thru brings tears to my eyes every time! Kanye I know this will make you stronger! I have faith in you and know your mom is the angel with the biggest smile in heaven looking so proudly down on her son! I to am a mom of a 3 yrs old and pray to be as close and supportive of my son! Kanye's mom taught every one a great lesson of A MOTHERS LOVE!!!!

Beatles

Can anyone imagine what he must be going thru

He has to perform and honor his committments

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments