New Driver Can't Handle Britney's Heat -- Drives Off

11/27/2007 8:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears finally wised up and hired a driver to help, er, curb some of her recent mishaps behind the wheel. Good move! Except that just days later, he is already "on his way out."
Britney Spears
TMZ has learned that the chauffeur/driver Spears hired to drive her, the kids and a court-ordered monitor around town is quitting -- because driving for Brit Brit is a "liability." Obviously! A source close to Spears tells TMZ, that the driver and a monitor both had very close calls with paparazzi and other vehicles while driving Miss Britney.

A close call is an improvement over running over photog's foot.

GoodbyeBigDogYouWontBeMissed

Britney, I have placed my notice at work and will be leaving within the next few days in order to become your official driver. I have an excellent driving record and would be happy to motor you to and from any event that you wish, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
We can negotiate the salary and fringe benefits at a later time.
Just give me a call anytime after 5 pm today.

Winky Vitalic

All the Irene haters - she's right, isn't she - you're all tweeners who just got home from school (probably public school - you have my sympathy) aren't you??

Irene I admire your guts & determination. These LOSERS are just jealous of Britney and LOVE to kick people when they are down (as well as torture puppies for a hobby) in order to make themselves feel better.

Life in a fishbowl is difficult at best - I think LMAO and his/her teeny pals would crumble at the first flashbulb! Not that anyone would be interested in following them around (sorry children!).

Maybe you should all consider hitting the books or texting each other on mommy & daddy's dime. And while you're at it, wash your hair and take out the garbage, si vous plait (look it up). Or is it time for The Hills to come on??

OCD

I blame the papstorm for 99% of the vehicular madness. It is THEY who are causing traffic and safety issues by constantly following her and causing mob scenes wherever she goes. If Britney or someone in her posse is calling them, they need to stop.

They give no thought to other vehicular traffic OR pedestrians when they are in or around the vicinity of Britney. She's like a fox to the slavering hounds.

If Britney's attorney was smart, she would ask the court for restraining orders against each and every pap and have their collective azzes thrown in jail.

Evil paps.

Brian

BRITTANY NEWS IS BORING. SHE'S A SHANK!

Cindy Lou

I say just hit the paps....they know they are in the way. You put the stars and others in danger, you are going to get run over once in awhile. I'd hit you with my Mercedes if you were in the way like you are.

Brian

Well Mrs. Spears if you want a driver and team that can handle the photo hungry idiots that get to close to moving objects, then I am your man.....Come to Destin Florida and Look me up andI will solve all your problems for cheap.

Sun Set Delivery Service ( theres nothing we wont do )

Sincerly Mr. Ross

just a fan

TMZ is running her life. She should move to another state or country to regain her privacy.

just a fan

I meant RUINING her life.

MARGARET PHILLIPS

LOOK AS LONG AS THE KIDS WERE LEFT WITH A GOOD NANNY, WHEN SHW NEEDS TO WORK KEVIN SHOULD UNDERSTAND, WHEN IS HE GOING TO GET A JOB. SHE MAY NOT NEED THE MONEY HER KIDS NEED TO SEE HER BIENG PRODUCTIVE THE MAYBEE SHE WILL FEEL BETTER ABOUT HERSELF, SHE WILL BE MUCH BETTER FOR THE KIDS ALSO

LIKE I SAID BRIT YOU AND THE KIDS SHOULD COME TO MY HOUSE FOR CHRISTMAS I WILL HELP I AM A GREAT NANNY WHO HAS BEEN WITH MY FAMILY FOR 6 YEARS AND THE 2 KIDS I TAKE CARE OFF WILL LOVE YOUR BOYS TOO AND PLAY WITH THEM SO YOU CAN RELAX WITHOUT PEOPLE SPYING ON YOU ALL THTE TIME

whd

a law needs to be pass that states the paparizzi could be no closer than twenty five feet of whom ever they are tying to photograph and to do an interview an appointment has to be setup and a place schedule these people needs there space like ever one else this could maybe with gods help stop some of the odd behaver that we see

ROBIN

the papz should be fined for doing this they are putting people in danger i would run them over not just thier foot they need to be stopped from chasing stars while they are driving

icey0

This girl is a joke and so is her music. I cant believe how horrible music is today to many people with no talent making lots of money and you idiots keep buying there crap.

jaylow

If Britney actually calls the paps before she goes somewhere to tell them where she is, then it is her fault. She knows that they will be hovering around her car that close, and they are just doing their job. It's like calling over a criminal and not expecting them to do anything to you.

carolyn

Wait you mean to tell me that after only a few days of putting up with the harassment of the paparazzi, A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER cant even handle it and we are still givng britney shi...... and calling her a bad driver. and a bad mother??? i cant believe people on here!!!give her a break. a guy that drives for a living cant even drive her around thats how bad she is being harassed. wake up people, shes not as bad as the media is making her out to be.

billbob

who let this women out of her cage? She should be locked up in a padded cell. What a bad example of entertainment and idol for our kids.