Helio Castroneves!

11/28/2007 2:14 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Edging out favorite Mel B, race-car driver Helio Castroneves took home the disco ball trophy. Do women ever win this contest anymore?!

He and partner Julianne Hough came into the finals in second place, just one point behind the Spice Girl and his hotness Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Both couples received perfect scores of 30 from the judges in their final dance Tuesday.

As expected, Marie Osmond was eliminated first after her robot doll-inspired routine. QVC called, they'd like you back, Miss Osmond.

Looks like Hough is the lucky charm, having also won last year with speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno.

COMMENTS

HEY IDIOTS!

he's a famous racecar driver.

people posting "MEL WAS ROBBED," honestly, did you vote for her??

Amy

I didn't watch the show, but did see a clip showing the last dances the three of them made, and I have to say that he was the most impressive. Marie made me laugh at how stiff her dolly dance was, and I can't even remember Mel B's, so she wasn't impressive to me at all. I think Helio deserved the win!

oldspringer

winner did the best audience presentation... even if he hasn't 20 pounds added to his chest...

Kirsten

This is FINALLY over, and then I see a commercial for the next American Idol....somebody really hates us.

Pukka

Who cares, entertainment by Americans for Americans, so entertaining, NOT!

anne-marie

never watching this show again. what a big disapoinment. you know this show proved over and over again from the very beggining that the best dancer never wins. Don't you people figured that out by now??? How many fantastic dancers never won in this show? All of them!! Only the mediocre dancers win on this show. Look what happened to Samatha, Mario, Mel, and the very first guy in the first season, John something.

I will not watch this show ever again. BIG DISAPOINTMENt! HUGE!!!
Mel should have won, she was the best dancer after Sabrina got voted off.
I say people stop watching this show and it should get cancelled, what a huge disapointment this show is. The best dancer never wins, always the mediocre one brings hime the trofee. What a shame!

lolo

Besides the fact that Sabrina should have won...hands down. I think Helio did a great job, BUT....he was dancing with Julianna...she made him look good. Let's be realistic, the girls do most of the twirls, turns, hip-shaking hard stuff. So, the guys dancing with the professional women dancers definitely have an advantange. If you just compare the celebrity dancers.....Mel should have won. The "race car driver" (as we heard EVERY show).....did very well, but really.....how many people were voting for him? I think Julianna won that competition.

judy

HELIO IS THE RIGHT WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FROM DAY ONE ALL THE POLES HAD HIM AS THE WINNER......LISTEN TO THE REAL PEOPLE!!!!! THEY WERE FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Cearralyn

The post repeating Mel was robbed over and over is nothing short of ridiculous. Mel was NOT robbed! As good as she was, Helio was BETTER! At any rate, it was Sabrina who was robbed, by the asinine fans who voted her off in favor of Marie Osmond, who is a mediocre dancer. Sabrina is the one who should have been in the finals with Helio and Mel B. It was also QUITE obvious tonight that Josie and Albert were BOTH better dancers in just their short time dancing than Marie was after ten weeks! And if you want to get nitpicky, Jenny should not have been eliminated when she was...again, it should have been Marie. I like Marie, but a dancer she is NOT!

Mimi

I AM VERY HAPPY THAT HELIO WON! HIS PARTNER IS JUST A GREAT DANCER AND TEACHER! YOU GO GIRL!!!!

PN

While I liked Mel B and her partner, Helio Castroneves and his partner were the best this season on Dancing With The Stars! He was superb from the very first week back in September. ESPN will be going nuts about him tomorrow on their sports shows and Sportscenter! He has such dynamic, sharp dancing. I know his racing team, Team Penske , is partying like crazy tonight after his win! And lastly, Sabrina Bryan and her partner should have been in the top 3 instead of Marie Osmond and her partner. Just my opinion.

Maryam

Who cares? Did anyone else see Cameron Mathison take his shirt off? I wanna see a video of the rap-party. Get on it, TMZ!

Patty

I am happy Helio won. He isn't a performer like Marie and Mel and yet he was awesome from day one.

I don't think performers who dance should be allowed in this competition. Then again, the right person seems to have won each time except maybe the football player guy between Drew and Apollo,

Congrats to Helio :)

Wow my goodnesss

To #13 Janelle
Oh, my goodness girl. Maybe there's a reason why you represent #13! Didn't that hurt your fingers? Oh, yes, have you had any dance lessons? Any physical activity at all? Also, it's a TV show, not reality. Not trying to talk badly about but your post but it was silly.

totellthetruthiseverything

forget helio...Julianne is HOT !!! Julianne is HOT !!! Julianne is HOT !!! Julianne is HOT !!!

But, really the best dancer among the celebrities...The cheetah girl, no doubt about it...But,

Julianne is HOT !!! Julianne is HOT !!! Julianne is HOT !!!