Model Crashes on Cadillac Runway -- Sues

11/30/2007 4:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A supermodel who was featured in a 2006 Cadillac Super Bowl commercial is suing the ad agency and production company for negligence -- she says it's their fault she fell through a catwalk while filming.
cadillac lawsuit
TMZ has obtained this lawsuit filed in L.A. Superior Court, where model Ganna Makeeva claims she injured her "legs, knee, hands, wrists, stomach, head, neck and ribcage" during a commercial shoot for Cadillac. The 2006 Super Bowl video featured several models, a Caddy Escalade and celebrities like Rachel Hunter, Vida Guerra and rapper Jadakiss -- all at a fashion show.

Makeeva alleges she has already had one knee surgery, saying it is "leaving her in constant pain, and requiring her to undergo multiple surgeries to repair the damage to her body. What's a model without her body?! She claims this will likely end her career.

me

herpes!!!

Merry Christmas

Well, if she wins, we know she won't spend the money on food. meow.

I laugh at other's misfortunes

Supermodel?? Yeah right. Now go out and get a real job loser. Hope you got permanent facial scars that will prevent you from being photographed ever again. Although a LOT of models are down right ugly anyways.

Billy

Was this at a FREAK show????

Dawn Day

Evil Knievel Died. :-(

la dani

great...i just saw a cadillac commercial

D.H

What a freakin' douche bag!!! I don't think she'll win this case...With the heals that those girls wear it's kind of a given that their going to fall once in awhile! and when you're a super model and you've been doing it for years you should know the consequences of it all! Stupid bitch!.. Her career has probably gone downhill since that shoot so she needs money so this is the only way!!...Again, she's a stupid bitch.

Tom Cruise has landed

So she falls because she is a clutz and the company has to pay. Not only is she going to lose, but her career is so over. Who in their right mind is going to hire a sue happy model? Models are not important, there are 1,000s of girls out there that can do that exact same job and not manage to sue anybody. Honey there are too many skinny bitches out there willing to do anything it takes to make it in that bus. You are over!

Ida Clair

There is no excuse for having an open hole in the stage. No excuse! Models aren't supposed to look down when they are doing their thing. That type of fall undoubtedly caused various serious injuries, any number of which could be career ending no matter if she was a model or a construction worker. We are talking permant injury here.

Whoever decided that was a good idea is negligent and is going to pay BIG TIME. Cadillac will be writing a very large check over this.

hillsrovey

What, pretty girls can't sue? I think this lawsuit has merit, and commenters should be so fast to make snide remarks.

imho

Oh please!!!! If she had some meat on her bones maybe she wouldn't have suffered all of those injuries. Her career's over? When did it begin???

Pamela from Michigan

Oh My...what a bunch of jealous individuals on TMZ this afternoon. Since when has being thin become a crime? I am a size 2 (5'6" 110-lbs) and my heavy sisters resort to calling me "Skinny bitch" when they have nothing better to come at me with. I'd much rather be on the thin side than have a big fat lard ass and flab hanging over my waistband. AT 40, with ZERO cosmetic surgery, I still "rock it " on vacation in my LaPerla bikinis!!!

Leave this poor model alone. She had a terrible accident which surely left her with many injuries. Someone needs to be held accountable. As far as you negative people out there, this "skinny bitch" as you call her, will be laughing at your fat asses while she is on her way to the bank. Ha Ha Ha. And I am sure that she has far better things to do than post hateful, pathetic, derogatory comments on TMZ which are based on jealousy. Go have another helping of french fries.

Merry Christmas

Gosh Pamela, you are fat. I am 5'7" and weigh 44 pounds and I wear custom clothing because size 0 is too big for me. You need to get on a diet girl.

Party 'till you die!

What a waste of time! Did Cadillac pay TMZ to run that commercial?

Tom

Speaking of falling in a hole........ I can think of at least 1 I would to drop into.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments