Mad Mel: Don't Believe The Hype

12/10/2007 4:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

D.U.I. darling Mel Gibson is back in the hot seat -- just in time for Hanukkah.

According to the Turkish newspaper Zaman, something called The Foundation for the Struggle Against Baseless Allegations of Genocide (ASİMED) has launched an e-mail campaign to try and dissuade the tequila-swilling star from taking part in an upcoming film about the genocide of Armenians during World War I.

Mel probably won't put up much of a fight. His rep tells TMZ: "We don't know where that started. He doesn't know anything about the project. Never heard of it." Oops!

ja-ja

I hate Mel Gibson, im part Jewish and when he said those things about my kind i got so mad, i turned off the T.V. and went to take a shower (thats what im i do when i get super angry :p)

I LOVE MY 3 CHILDREN THAT I DID NOT MURDER!!

I think Mel is just very passionate about his beliefs and religion, not that it was right at all to say what he did, but why can other races talk about each other and put others down and it not be racist? You got Micheal Richards geting it for using the "N" word, but Chris Rock can rag on women,blacks, whites, jewish, etc. and every one laughs and thinks it is very funny (he uses the N word alot in his stand up.) Society is so confusing... I realize its how you direct it, but everyone should get held accountable for all their slurs also... me.

I LOVE MY 3 CHILDREN THAT I DID NOT MURDER!!

another thing.... why is it when white people get railroaded or get racially beat up or made fun of, there is no hype???? Seems to be the only race thats not looked at or publicized, One comment about any other race and its plastered everywhere.
Is that racist???? me again

Richard

I think that The insider and TMZ are a bunch of hypocrites that have to stab and criticize the famous people to make themselves feel better about there job that sucks! The famous people chose there jobs because that is what they wanted to do. I do not understand why they have to be harassed with there private lives like they are cattle. Whoever made up these shows to attach the famous need to just shut up because they are idiots. Thank you and have a nice day !

rackn4@yahoo.com

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

FIRST!

CARSON DAILY IS A TOOL

Creeder

Say what you will about him, this man has a lot of talent. BUT! He really needs to do something to make ammends for what he did a year ago. He needs to put that talent into something redeemable.

annoyed

Please, cut this guy some slack. He made one mistake while he was drunk. I admit it was stupid, and hurtful but he's tried to make amends and apologized til he's blue in the face. Give him a break and let him put this behind him.

take dat betches

is this tongue-in-cheek?

Antonio

I sure hope Mel Gibson is on a project about the Armenian Genocide. The Turkish government need stop this denial, and accept responsibility. Once they do, the healing process can begin. If it wasn't for the Armenian Genocide, the holocaust would not have happened. Hitler got the idea from the turks. This is a fact. Also, America needs to stand up to Turkey. Turkey is dangling the army base and demanding millions from US, and yet, they are killing the kurds behind everyone's back.

Whamo

All this talk about Turkey & Kurds is makin me kinda hungry!!!

Merry Christmas

Mel, just send them a Christmas ham.

BigDoggStatus

On NO! They crying like bi tch es...

alexander DiGiovanni

the areminian genocide has gone on unoticed for to long

skhg

Always have been, and will always be a fan of Mel Gibson. Just ashame people can't find someone else to go after.

MK

Is TMZ out to persecute Mel AGAIN for not believing that Jews are the chosen ones?

SUCK A LEMON, HARVEY your attacks are getting tired.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments