Alex Trebek Suffers Heart Attack

12/11/2007 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek has suffered a heart attack. I'll take medical emergencies for $1000!

A rep for the show confirms to TMZ the 67-year-old host had a minor heart attack but is "resting comfortably." We're told he will be back in the studio for the show's next scheduled tapings in January.

Trebek, who was born Giorgi Suka-Alex Trebek, has been the host of "Jeopardy!" since September of 1984.

Harv L Fierman

Hope you get better soon. Jeopardy would not be the same without you,so please take care of yourself.

Shirley Bowman

Mr Trebec, Take care and hurry back to the show. You're super fantastic and much loved by your fans. We love the show and YOU!

AlwaysHungry

Definitely sending out prayers to him and his family. He's one of my favorites

Joseph & Jutta

Probably the second greatest highlight of my European Service (meeting my wife was first) was meeting you at Ramstein Air Base in 1998 to audition for Jeopardy! (Wasn't up on sports or TV, so I missed the cut). Anyway, best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. Godspeed.

just wondering

..#66 aahhh...that was nice to read!!

john

Alex hope you get better soon , but if not can I be the next host of Jeopardy?

Paul and Linda Barcelo

I'll take "I am Getting Better" for $2000.00 ALEX

Take it easy, we want to see you next year. The show keeps our minds active.

juan m lugo

your style is unique,no one will host jeopardy like you,i know we will have you therefor many many years,get well soon.

Nan---originally from Ayrshire Scotland.

So Sorry Alex. You're gonna make it.

Lang May Yer Lum Reek..(translation) May there be smoke from your chimney for many years to come.

Doc Denogean

"WHATS Get Well Soon"? That's what it's all "BOUT"

barb

Hi Alex....Gosh what a scare!! I doubt that there is anyone around that doesn't know who you are, therefore you have to know that there are also a lot of people behind you right now, as I am, praying for you and hoping to always see your handsome face when I turn on Jeopardy, as I have done for decades, and even now my Grandchildren do. No one could do the job....we need you!! God Bless You

Nancy

Get well soon, Alex! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

jonesmadu

We love you and wish you a speedy recovery. Todays final Jeopardy question who is the best tv game show host since 1984 AT . Get well soon!

Charlie Chan's Susan

Alex, I never miss you show and enjoy it and YOU very much. Take care of yourself, get well soon, hurry back and relax a little so you can enjoy your family for many years to come.

Janet Clary

Alex Everybody in my house is concerned about you. You take care and we will be checking to see how you are doing everyday. You're the best! Love, Janet(mom), Sam, Louie,Danny, and Kenny