Dog Keeps Praying For Forgiveness

12/13/2007 1:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog" Chapman is going to some serious lengths in his quest for forgiveness, landing in New York for a dinner with African-American leaders. The Big Apple's a long way from the Big Island, brother!

CORE -- the Congress of Racial Equality --and its chairman Roy Innes invited Chapman and his wife Beth to New York to discuss plans for an upcoming Martin Luther King, Jr. Day event that they've invited Dog to speak at.

Dog has been on a mission of forgiveness since a private conversation was made public last month.

FlBiker

The Chapmans are the Holy Grail of Hillbilly.

OhMyGod

A&E needs to put the show back on the air. This is totally ridiculous. Last time I checked we lived in America and if I’m not mistaken than there is such a thing as free speech. Why is it that when Dog says something racial it is like oh my god he is a racist but when black people say something about racial against a white person it is because there ancestors were slaves and they are so deprived. GET OVER IT!!!!! Black people continue to blame everyone else for there problems. Point in Case: My brother was shot in the back of his head 3 times by a black man 15 years ago for NO REASON. It was a very brutal crime. Recently I went to this monsters parole hearing as I always do to keep him in jail. He blamed the shooting on everyone else even my brother. Never once did he accept responsibility. He cried about how he had no dad in his life. My dad walked out on us when I was 4, my brother was murdered when I was 16 but yet I have not killed anyone nor do I think it entitles me to do so. I really think dog should just stand up and say yes I said it, I ment it at the moment and no I’m not ashamed. Myself personally I don’t like black people and I’m not ashamed of that nor am I afraid to voice my opinion about it. That is what’s great about living in the US – FREE SPEECH!!!

baby girl

When is Jesse Jackson going to apologize for Hymie Town????????

DARK MEAT ONLY

Jeese will apologize when you send a sizable donation to the quality party.

fathead

to #23 obvious actions - i can tell you where al sharpton is today - having a nice meeting with the IRS about his financial credibility. :)

TORI

This whole thing is ridiculous. Jesus says ask for forgiveness one time not hundreds and if you really mean it your forgiven. Dog should get on with it and clean up his lauguage and that goes for his family to and stop smoking. That would be a good example to set seeing he keeps saying he's a christian. This sort of drama is so beyound reality!

Heaven in Texas

I think you all need to look at the African American man who is walking the streets carring a Reble flag. He stands for the fact that many have tried to change History and not make things right. He claims that it is not to be ashamed of and that he stands with principle.
Dog had a private conversation with his son that he trusted, yes he should not speak like he did but how does it go "those who live in glass houses shall not throw stones". Stop throwing stones at him and find out what your really angry about. You could say that I am prejudice in some ways to because I agree with the Rebel flag and history, but I also beleive that we are all equal and deserve equal rights. Now, where does that leave us if you consider that we have college funds for minorities or are fast becoming majorities, or special colleges for only African American's. Or this, we must have so many of minorities in the workplace when they may not be the best person for the job. How would you feel if it were your spouse and you knew his job was the most dangerous in the world yet you have to say nothing because we must be politically correct and he was injured because that person was not the best qualified but he was of color? Think about these things and then say we all including those of color do not all have some sort of prejudice.

Wally

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day ................................Thats funny....DOg is going to march in a parade.........................hahahahhhahh.....................DOg your to funny,make sure you get that mullet trimed up nice,and tell your wife to try and wear a tight sexy minny skirt that matches her eyes...................................hahahahhahahhhahh....she is so hot....hahahahhahah

College Grad

@OhPlease

First, yes we do live in a country when you can say just about whatever you feel, and that's your prerogative. But if you're a celeb representing corporations who pay millions to advertise on your show then some decorum is needed. And secondly, what does this have to do with black people putting blame on anyone? YOU had a bad experience with ONE black person and now you hate every black person. What he did is related to himself not me. YOU can't even forgive all blacks and move on so how then could you turn around and say we should forgive Dog and move on? I'm sorry for your loss, but don't be a hypocrite. I would rather he come out and admit he's a racist as you have instead of faking and lying about it.

know it all

Battle of the Media Whores..Innis would appear for a Supermarket Opening....And Dog Chapman is simply the same ass hole he was..when he was getting arrested..Funny He couldnt even get being a criminal right..You see Dog..The object of crime..IS NOT TO GET COUGHT..New get the hell off the stage..

kathy

IF YOU KISS ENOUGHT BUTT, I GUESS THAT WILL BE GOOD ENOUGHT........
WHAT'S REALLY FUNNY YOU NEVER SEEN HIM EAT DRINK OR WHAT EVER WITH BLACK PEOPLE BEFOR. WE ARE THE SAME IF PEOPLE WOULD SEE THAT, WE WOULD NOT HAVE ALL THIS STUFF...

Alexis

And I am sure Black people feel the same way about you OH PLEASE. So if you want to hate all Blacks for what some(one) did to your brother then oh well. I am sure Blacks are pleased to not have to associate with someone ignorant like you.

Not a Dr., but I play one at home.

You know, it's never a problem when white people say things out of pocket, until we, or the person or group of people rise up in defense, that the world wants to poopoo it and act like discrimination and bigorty doesn't exist! It's only when the issue is brought to the forefront, then denial takes root! Oh no, the offenders (white folks) say, "why I have black friends, I only call 'em "ni**@1gers" among my non-black friends and family! But I'm not racists! " White people need to get over themselves, and own up to the fact that STILL, in this DAY, y'all hate us! (but yet you try to tan to look like us)

big joe

stop kissing ass already you are starting to look like a real jerk

fathead

X dawg fan... im a jew and last time i checked i look pretty white. and no, judaism is not a race.

stop steriotyping white people as being all anglo saxon protestants who have some tie to bigotry or slavery! I love everyone and i am not saying i never in my life have said anything against a group or person in a moment of dumb anger BECAUSE I AM HUMAN, but i do love. my ancestors went through enough slavery and genocide to understand this. Stop being the ignorant one. The fact that you say "all white people dont like black people" just furthers your ignorance! you can't be so black and white about everything (no pun intended).

WHITE POEPLE DON'T ONLY LIVE IN AMERICA. WHITE PEOPLE COME FROM MANY DIFFERENT PLACES AND CULTURES THAT HAVE THEIR OWN HISTORY. SO DO BLACK PEOPLE AND ALL THE REST OF US! AND YES I SAY "US" BECAUSE WE ALL ARE HUMAN AND EQUAL! GET OVER YOURSELF AND YOUR CONVELUTED IDEALS AND STOP FURTHERING HATEFUL STERIOTYPES (YES I SAID HATEFUL!)

DOG NEEDED TO BE CALLED OUT. WHATEVER HAPPENS TO HIM, AT LEAST HE HAD A WAKE UP CALL. IF YOU ARE GOING TO PRAY TO YOUR GOD EVERY SHOW AND THEN GO OFF AND USE THE N WORD AS IF IT IS NOTHING, YOUR SOUL IS CRYING OUT FOR HELP. AND THERE NEED TO BE COMPASSIONATE PEOPLE THERE TO HELP HIM UNDERSTAND. even if it is for ratings ;) xoxo

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments