Amos Goes Ape****!

12/14/2007 5:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A word of advice: don't disturb Tori Amos while she's working.

Two fans learned that lesson the hard way and ended up with a verbal smack down from the crotchety singer before they were unceremoniously booted from her Wednesday night concert in San Diego. Code Red!

The piano playin' mama was in mid song when she suddenly began lashing out at the girls: "It's a privilege to sit in the front row. I reserve those seats for people who appreciate music. Get the f--- out!"

So much for being silent all these years.

UPDATE: A rep for Tori's record label just contacted TMZ with the following statement: "Tori doesn't sell front row seats to her shows. She'll pick fans that are in the back row and she will upgrade them. It is a privilege to get picked. Apparently these two girls were on their cell phones all night... It was her sticking up for her other fans that missed out on the opportunity."

Mark

Tori is an alright, mediocre singer.... but she isn't exactly a diva.

A LEGEND like Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, or Barbara Streisand have the years of performing that they can boot people out. Tori hasn't earned the right yet.

Pitiful.

perez

Way to go Tori!! Can't wait till you decide to come to Miami!

dirty white boy.

Tori you are a aGoddess. Tired of people at performing arts shows ruining it for others.

does the word duh mean anything to you

hell yea! i was there and tori didn't miss a beat jumping right back into her song. you go to a concert to hear the artist, not some twit next to you....if only she coulda kicked out the drunk bitches next to us yacking the whole time. yea tori! LOVED your concert, first time going, it was awesome!

marge

Who paid for the seats. If Tori gave them the seats then i can better understand her out burst. But if the seats were paid for with their own money, They own that seat for the night .....so I say talk away, Not sure why you would pay for front row to talk but that is your right.. Hell not even sure why you would pay to see her at all... but that to is your right. I think Tori made herself come off as a ungracious diva.

beautyqueen

Imagine YOURSELF performing and giving everything you've got on stage and 2 RUDE little girls sitting in the front row talking on their cell phones. It is DISRESPECTFUL to ANY ARTIST and if you don't know that then you have no manners and probably grew up in a trailer. Poor Tori having to even deal with something like that.

Jennifer

Good for Tori! That is Super Disrespectful of them to be on their phones at all, They didn't deserve those seats.

Buster

Who cares. Her breathy voice would actually work well on someone who was actually good looking. Maybe a Marilyn Monroe impersonator. I wouldn't go see her if I were given free tickets.

Buster

I think the privledge would be to get kicked out of her show.

Mika

How do you sit down and have a quiet conversation with two morons that won't stop yakking on their cell phones in front row seats for an incredibly good show? Why do those rude snots deserve another second of Tori's time? She gave them front row seats and all they could do was chat on their phones through the whole concert? Good for Tori! I'd have reacted the same way! While those two were chatting it up (probably with each other!) in the front row not paying attention to the concert, there were a lot of actually deserving fans that would've loved (and appreciated) to be given the seats instead.

Standards are badly needed.

Extended and non-stop Cellphone use in the front row might preclude good manners. Didn't see the cellphones from here. Still would have someone else deal with them, though. I'll give Tori that.

Roxy

They were probably phoning around to see if there was anything FUN to do - Tori Amos is a self serving bore.

Naomi

What happened was two girls got up and decided to snake two empty seats in the front row, Tori saw this and decided to do something about it. I know I'd be pissed if I came bak to my seat and found that people had decided to take them. I say good to Tori for sticking up for her fans. She rocks and is an AMAZING person.

Synisjen

I love Tori. Fortunately myself and 5 friends were picked for front row at a Charlotte show. Amazing.

Kev

Good on ya Tori, I hate people using their phones during concerts.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments