Amy Winehouse Arrested -- Allegedly "Perverts Justice"

12/18/2007 3:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Amy's been released, we're told, pending "further investigation." She's due back at the police station for more questioning in early March.

Yes yes yes! Singer Amy Winehouse has been arrested on suspicion of "perverting the course of justice" -- the UK's version of interfering with a police investigation.

TMZ has confirmed that the arrest was made "by appointment" in London today.

Last month, Winehouse's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was arrested for the same thing -- related to the case of an alleged assault on a bartender last June.

Winehouse recently canceled her UK tour, supposedly because she was too upset over the arrest of Mr. Winehouse.

Someone, anyone ... please help!

Her rep confirmed that the singer has been arrested, but explained that this is common practice in the UK. There a person is technically arrested when they are brought in for questioning, but Winehouse has not been charged with anything. This was pre-arranged.

Story developing ...

Karen

If my mother published extremely personal letters to me in the newspaper, I would also be a drunk! Amy is a very talented young lady who made the common mistake of falling in love with a guy who is trouble. I hope she realizes it before she spends her whole life suffering for him...nothing on earth will pry her away until she decides she's had enough.

Paige

Hi Rik, Sorry if my spelling is bad i am severly Dyslexic I try my best but spelling is a struggle for me. I am from the UK I didn't post to offend any one just have my opinion as i feel this is a sad story but very much self inflicted.

Shitney, please drop of the face of the planet.

what dochebag is running this place that it takes so long for comments to get to email accounts????? SLOWWWWWWWWWW.

tiredofidiots

i wish you peace Amy...your music is brilliant....

Shitney, please drop of the face of the planet.

Paige if you really are from the UK then i apologize. it's just that there are some ppl that pretend to be someone dif on every post and it's annoying. they are either paid bloggers or have no life.

Karen

No worries Paige and you're right, folks shouldn't compare Amy to Britney! Amy is a musician, as in, plays guitar, writes songs, can talk intelligently about musical influences. Britney is more of a glorified dancer - great choreography, great look, utterly forgettable sound.

Standards are badly needed.

Biker, I think it was you wishing she'd die' comment thing that caused them to remove it, or Other posters can contact TMZ and object to your posts, which can cause removal. That comment does cross a journalistic line, (like posters on here are ethical, lol) considering Winehouse is so unstable it could actually happen, and then how would TMZ look?Oh, well, stick to the one liners. Most are very funny, and thanks for the laughs.

Tangie

Paige---Don't worry about it, hon. Not all Americans are as stupid as Rik....

Shitney, please drop of the face of the planet.

Karen is Paige.

Paige

thanks for the support guy's to prove im from the UK it's 7.40pm and Eastenders is on the telly

Tangie

Paige--You don't have to prove nothin to nobody.

R.Zimmerman

Free Amy! Why don't those damned Brits arrest the Beckhams just because!

gullibleminions

hmmmmmm...I really cannot see Amy singing from out of the soul while "clean &n sober". The two don't quite mix. I'm just saying.... And I notice that many heavy duty blues singers...tend to be singing bout their lives. And all good mom's and dad's will abhor her behavior; cause they are moms and dads...be they good ones or not. K' flying off now...~~

Wealth Store

I thought she was dead? Guess not. I'll check back next week,

tiredofidiots

What is the underlying charge...perverting justice of investigating what? drugs?
Isn't there more dangerous criminals to chase down? murderers, rapists etc....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments