Estrada's Kid Popped on a Plane -- The Video!

12/21/2007 5:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ first reported last week that Erik Estrada's son Brandon got a little CHiP-py with the staff on a recent Northwest Airlines flight, forcing the plane to be diverted and causing Brandon to be detained.
We've just obtained video footage, shot with a cell phone camera, showing Feds boarding the plane and forcing Brandon to make an early exit. In it, law enforcement officers pull Estrada out of his seat, cuff him and escort him off the jet.

Brandon's dad, Erik, sent TMZ a statement -- the full text is here.

Erik Estrada tells TMZ:

"My wife and I have been informed that my adult son Brandon has been involved in an incident, Brandon informed us recently that he has had "stress" and "pressure" at college and has elected to see an on-campus psychologist, of which I told him that it was a good idea to talk to someone about his feelings and condition. I have been made aware through this incident that he has been on some kind of medicine for stress and or depression. I was unaware he was taking any kind of medicine until this incident, as he does not live with us. I would like to thank all of the women and men of law enforcement as well as Northwest airlines for helping my son when he was clearly not able to help himself. I am sorry that other passengers had to be negatively affected by this incident and thank all of them for helping my son. He now can get help that he clearly needs. Please reach out to my son in your prayers during this time of need and I thank you for all of your support."

shannon

Brandon Estrada is a wonderful athlete. He was raised by a wonderful mother, who is and always will be there for him. In this day and age a lot of our young adults get stressed and over their heads...give him a break. Instead of snide remarks....he needs our prayers and understanding. God Bless you Brandon, Anthony and Peggy....keep your chin up. We love you. Shannon

J

The video does NOTcome up.

memfrica

Good God all this took place on his way to Memphis! Why would anyone want to visit the armpit of Tennessee. Gangsters, Awful rappers, homeless folks, U of M Tigers. All the reason to stay home.

Kelli

Hey Gods must be crazy, funny post.

LH

Just another "entitled" latino. Surprised little Alberto G. has fired these federal agents yet. Afterall don't they know whose his daddy?

El orgullo de Ancones

LH, he is not latino, he has latino roots which is different. He don't even know the difference between Puerto Rico and Mexico, neither do you.

LH

I didn't say anyone was from Mexico. Brandon and Alberto are both USA citizens and latino. Alberto champions latino rights to entitlement just because he can do that (special considerations). "Under Gonzales's leadership, the Justice Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have been accused of improperly, and perhaps illegally, using the USA PATRIOT Act to uncover personal information about U.S. citizens." Brandon was removed from a plane like a common bad boy.

willkd

There is nothing wrong with Memphis that isn't found in other big cities. Crime and poverty happens when the population gets high.

My husband and I go to Memphis in May every year and love to visit other times. It is a wonderful place full of history adn culture if you are not too stuck up to appreciate it!

steveo

He looks latino...should have played the I dont speak English and have no ID game and they would have let him go. Works for all the others.

girltalk

NorthWORST Airlines SUCKS!. Flight attentants are rude and ugly

ali

My heart goes out to the family. I think some of these doctors should be arrested for the drug pushing they do on their most vunerable people, mental patients.These doctors have no clue and just prescribe in the manner of running a business..This means u must keep coming back, It seems back in the "old days", doctors treated you to help you get well. Unfortunately, today doctors treat you to keep you coming back,

danny

Was my little monster caught spanking his monkey ,AGAIN! So, WH WH WHat happen?

showgirl

So he acted like a dope. Not acceptable! Grow up.

shellyv

So what another mexican in the news, grabbing headlines for other than robbing, raping, crossing borders illegally and having lots of kids and pretending not to know english to get US benefits.

shellyv

So what did he have kidz or know english

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments