Estrada's Kid Popped on a Plane -- The Video!

12/21/2007 5:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ first reported last week that Erik Estrada's son Brandon got a little CHiP-py with the staff on a recent Northwest Airlines flight, forcing the plane to be diverted and causing Brandon to be detained.
We've just obtained video footage, shot with a cell phone camera, showing Feds boarding the plane and forcing Brandon to make an early exit. In it, law enforcement officers pull Estrada out of his seat, cuff him and escort him off the jet.

Brandon's dad, Erik, sent TMZ a statement -- the full text is here.

Erik Estrada tells TMZ:

"My wife and I have been informed that my adult son Brandon has been involved in an incident, Brandon informed us recently that he has had "stress" and "pressure" at college and has elected to see an on-campus psychologist, of which I told him that it was a good idea to talk to someone about his feelings and condition. I have been made aware through this incident that he has been on some kind of medicine for stress and or depression. I was unaware he was taking any kind of medicine until this incident, as he does not live with us. I would like to thank all of the women and men of law enforcement as well as Northwest airlines for helping my son when he was clearly not able to help himself. I am sorry that other passengers had to be negatively affected by this incident and thank all of them for helping my son. He now can get help that he clearly needs. Please reach out to my son in your prayers during this time of need and I thank you for all of your support."

Jonesy

I heard Larry Wilcox's son once burned down an Arby's. This isn't quite as bad.

jonesyandthewayne.blogspot.com

celebrity.web.net

i dunno what it is, but this site
makes me nauseous. i guess
that's not true, i know exactly
what it is.

Rebecca

Come on! The video only shows him very calmly getting arrested...he wasn't acting like an idiot...

JMelissaMc

I think that Mr. Estrada is handling this very well. He is not out and out denying that his son was at fault and calling for the firings of the people involved as most other people in the news would do.

He is admitting that his son has a problem, thus they can now hopefully find the solution to his bad behavior.

Yucks!

WHO GIVES A "FLYING" F--K!!!?

joe

Yet another offspring of a has-been displaying normal human behavior. Sensationalism at its best here, but really what's the point? Everyone is on some sort of anti-depressant nowadays. Having a mental condition is the "in" thing...

rapidpr0n.com

Justin S.

I don't blame him given the way flight attendants behave nowadays.

Petite

My last flight (in November) on Southwest was quite pleasant. The flight attendants seemed in a good mood, and it was a Thursday! When I got sick during the flight, I was taken care of very well by the attendants, and even received sympathy smiles from the rest of the crew during the remainder of my flight. I think it's all a crap shoot as to whether you get a nice crew or an overworked, crabby crew.
There is no glomour left in travel today, that's for sure!

chris from vancouverBC

personally, i'm tired of the attitude that these bitch stewardesses have. the skank bitches that the airlines hire now need to realize we don't have to put up with their $hit.

El orgullo de Ancones

Not Mexican, his dad is Puerto Rican, from Mayaguez. This kid is 100% American product...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2