Tommy Still Can't Hilfiger Out Racist Allegations

12/31/2007 6:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Frank Fuller ClassicOprah Winfrey and Tommy Hilfiger cleared up one of the oldest Internet rumors around -- but not to the satisfaction of one clothing company.

Frank Fuller Classic took out a recent magazine ad that exclaims they aren't "racist like Tommy Hilfiger." Yikes! The ad references a false rumor that dates back several years, which Tommy and Oprah both shot down earlier this year.

Attorneys for Tommy sent a cease and desist letter to the magazine that ran the ad and Frank Fuller Classic. A rep for Hilfiger tells TMZ, "This is nothing more than a hoax concocted months after Oprah and Tommy put to rest the tired, baseless yet intolerable rumor, declaring it a 'big, fat lie.'"

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

Hilfigler should sue. These old rumors are not true or just. The same old rumors of urban legend that started for Proctor and Gamble and Gloria Vanderbilt are stil laround too. RIDICULOUS!!! ThESE ARE NOT TRUE. LIES.

Bubblebunny

Harvey-are a guy who stirs up trouble?? HAHAHAHAHA!

sls

omg! tommy is racist...to black, white,red,yellow.....i didnt nooo....

ValtrexMan

I DO NOT CARE if the rumors are TRUE or FALSE!!! Tommy Hilfiger clothes is SO DEAD!! It is ugly and is very very poor in quality!! Everything that I brought of his line during the early 90's is either ripped up or damaged. Thank God!!! I personally think that Ralph Lauren spread the rumor because he thought that Tommy was challenging him. I personally do like the Ralph Lauren Polo line better because of the better quality in the fabric.

Please.

Oh sweet lord. Have you looked at the Frank Fuller website? It's a JOKE, PEOPLE..

Nic

I love the fact that it is 2008 and we still feel the need to play the race card. It is ridiculous. Find something else to bitch about and not something that happened 150 years ago when you weren't even here.

FireEmAll

Racist? What did Tommy do...grab some white girl's boob? Oh wait, wrong story....

mcdanel

Hilfiger a racist? I never heard that rumor. I just know he's the designer of choice for our local gangsta' drug-thugs; emphasis on those blues and reds, so you know if you're dealing with Crip or Blood affiliates. When I see Tommy Hilfiger, it's stretched over prison muscle; biceps bigger than your head. I don't think style, I think "Head down, keep walking."

Hilfiger is actually taken seriously? I had no idea. I would have assumed he was a reverse racist, pitching gangsta' class to drug thugs with more money than sense.

Sharona

If he is not racist I want my money back.....by the way Sharpton U suck big time!

itsugurl

This rumor came out wayyyyy back in the day! I believe he did say it then but now I am sure he wished hadnt and it would just go away (lol) Clothing is the hottest market. And from the mouth of BIGGIE RIP You never thought that Hip Hop would make it this far! But who wears Hilfiger anymore weve moved on (lol)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2