Merv Plays Final Jeopardy

1/10/2008 12:21 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Talk show host and "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" creator Merv Griffin kicked the bucket last August, but he's still knockin' 'em dead at Westwood Memorial Park in L.A.

JV

He is funnier dead than half of the comics alive today!

Exene

He shares birthday with George W. Bush....wonder what that guy's tombstone will say...

tippy katz

TACKY and not even that funny

Lori

Britneys family are riots. They are on tv her Aunt I think it was saying Britney lives and breaths for her kids. She loves them so they are her whole life. Why didn't she act like it?? If this is true then she is a very sick little girl. her behavior has been hardley like a caring mother out partying every night.

Daneen

I love it! I plan on leaving a funny comment on my tombstone too. I just have to think of a good one. I hope I have time!

redsonja1313

hahahhahah way to go MERV!!!! This is a great cemetery, Marylyn Monroe, Natalie Wood, Armond Hammer, Jim Backus and Dean Martin are just a few of the greats buried in the small cemetery wedged in-between a bunch of skyscrapers. I believe Frank Zappa is there too.

d to the izzle

Jack Lemmon is buried very close to Merv and his stone says "Jack Lemmon In". No date or anything. Just those three words.

Puleeeez

I am dumbfounded!! A RESPECTFUL POST FROM TMZ!!!! What is this world comng tooooo?? Merv Griffin had class!! I hope to see him when I go to FINAL JEOPARDY!!

j-rod

That's fantastic! God bless the guy. A true legend that will be missed.

panic king

I used to design and sell headstones in a past life.. came across a real steriotypical redneck individual (not that there's anything wrong with that) who saw no wrong in whatever the government deemed to do (not that there's anything wrong with that). A true love or leave it American.(not that there's anything wrong with that). He wanted and insisted on a black headstone with a simple inscription , name, date of birth and death, and these words, prominantly inscribed "MADE IN THE U.S.A." (not that there's anything wrong with that). He passed soon after but what I didn't reveal to the poor guy was that black granite used in headstones is 95% mined in India. Still it was a stunning stone.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2