« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Juiced Jones Gets Six Months

1/11/2008 1:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A judge has just sentenced disgraced Olympic champion Marion Jones to six months in prison. Gimme that medal!

Jones, who recently returned her three gold and two bronze medals, had begged a judge to keep her out of the slammer. The 31-year-old former runner and long jumper was one of the most celebrated female athletes in the world -- until it was revealed she routinely used performance-enhancing drugs.

She recently admitted to lying to a federal investigator in 2003, and confessed that she took steroids "several times before the Sydney Olympics and continued using it after." What a role model.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cammie

It makes me feel sad for the choices she made as she would have been a great athlete without the doping and continued to enjoy a wonderful life on behalf of her children.

Hopefully, this isn't another Martha Stewart (example) and that all the MALE athletes (professional or Olympic) who have lied to Grand Juries confront their own karma.

So sad....

Nix

These drug-taking American cheats!! Their only real competitors are the Jamaican sprinters and to get ALL the glory from a tiny, tiny island; they have repeatedly taken performance-enhancing drugs! SHAME, SHAME, SHAME! GO JAMAICA, YOU ROCK!! I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for her. Sit back and watch Jamaica kick some American ass in the sprints in the Olympics later this year!!

Biker 1957

I think she's too pretty for jail.

J

She got what was coming to her sooo happy, she did drugs she lied in court over and over again yea jail

Melanie

I find it real funy that she recievd months jail time when i have never heard of any man recievng that and ter have beena hell of a lot more mae athletes that av tan that drug, admitted and gotten off scott free. I thin it is a good exampe of how women are stillreated unfairly....

GhuGha

Taking illegal drugs, lying, and cheating are ok because everybody else is doing it? How morally bankrupt can you be. How pathetic, Grow up or go to prison. What a lame role model she was. She only came clean because there were to many informants willing to testify against her. She is clear proof that you can compete in the Olympics juiced up and still "pass" the drug tests. Flojo knew this all to well.

The Expatriot

At least she admits do doping unlike Lance A**hole.

Duality

Isn't that the runner I see on TV bragging about her Q-ray bracelet that helped her run faster? Now I know what's behind the Q-Ray bracelet hahahahahha Give me a break!
She is on the commercial as 'one of the many athletes who use the Q-Ray bracelet to enhance their performance.' Are her steriods just called 'q-ray' or is it the bracelet behind her speed?

Standards are badly needed.

She is still a superior track and field woman and was one of THE hardest working athletes. I can't help but wonder whether she could have achieved Gold without the pharma help.
I guess she and we will sadly never know.

cravena

BUT I BET UNLIKE PARIS HILTON SHE WILL HAVE TO DO ALL OF HER SENTENCE!!...HMMMM!

Melanie

Excuse me Expatriot but Lance Armstrong did not use performance enhancing drugs. They tried to frame him for that but he never had an unclean urine test. Some people are good athletes and if you knew the way he trained you would be able to dominate the Tour de France too. Lance Armstrong is an inspiration

ROBERT

NO MATTER WHAT, U WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE ATHLETE MARION JONES, MUCH LOVE....

ROBERT

HEY MARION, I WILL ALWAY'S BE YOUR FAUTHFUL #1 FAN, NO MATTER WHAT, IM MY EYES YOU R STILL A GREAT ATHLETE, I LOVE U MARION..... ~ROBERT~

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4