George Clooney's New Role: Superhero

1/19/2008 9:37 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The United Nations is having a hard time finding their voice these days. The international body has extended a branch to George Clooney to promote peace throughout the world (via the L.A. Times). Note to other charitable and peace-seeking organizations: when a job is too big, hire a movie star who comes camera ready to get things done. George will help the children of the world and be a "messenger of peace." Angelina must have been busy.

Backstreet Has Brit's Back

While her family organized an ambush with Dr. "I got no license" Phil, A.J. McLean is reaching out to the popwreck through People, saying he is the one who can save her life. The 30-year-old Backstreet Boy wants Brit to know he believes in her "110 percent" and that she should quit playin' games and give him a ring.

A.J. has battled his own addictions in the past and says he is confident Britney can "get her life back in order" and will always keep it real with the troubled star. The boy band singer says he won't miss a note and will ask Britney: "Hey, do you want to die?" and "What the hell is wrong with you?" There's nothing like a little tough love.

Suri Cruise an Idol Addict?

Katie Holmes called into Ryan Seacrest's radio show and gushed over being married to the "biggest movie star in the world" (via Us). The robomom said baby Suri is a big fan of the Spice Girls and addicted to "American Idol" (she's the one). When asked if there were any more offspring in TomKat's future, Katie said, "Not in the immediate future. Long term, of course."

Party Favors: Gwyneth -- G.I. Paltrow? ... Christina Ricci Likes to Roll the Dice

Big Red Chef Mario Batali told Us that his pal Gwyneth was wheeled into a NYC hospital this week for "a gastrointestinal situation." ...Christina Ricci says she is obsessed with gambling, but has no luck with the ponies, according to People.

Nikki M

A.J's words may sound harsh, but that's what got him off the bottle, hearing those words was what got him to turn his life around. I don't think anyone is willing to say that to Britney, it's what she needs to hear to get help. Maybe someone will tell her now.

Michelle

I don't think she is married to the biggest movie star in the world---I think that ship sailed a long time ago. I think she is brainwashed and only thinks she is. The world doesn't really have much respect for Tom Cruise anymore---in fact, I think he is mentally very disturbed and scary.

Lori

I really cannt understand why this little girl Suri is still on the bottle!!! It is going to ruin her teeth what part of that don't they get??? My little one has been off once she hit a year no bedtime bottle. Also potty trained day time by 2!!! From how long they are keeping her on the bottle she will be in diapers till she is 5.

k

aww.. suri is so cute!

Sharona

Clooney "Superhero" that is as funny as a few weks ago you posted GayFed as being one of the most "influential young men" of our time. Who says there's not comedy on TMZ!

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

DID YOU KNOW THAT R.L.HUBBARD HAD HIS HOME IN SURREY ENGLAND AND IT IS THE HEADQUARTER'S OF SCIENTOLOGY,THE SOURCE FOR THIS WAS ANOTHER BLOGGER BUT IT SHOULD NOT BE HARD TO GOOGLE IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED.
DID KATI HOLMES GET HER NOSE DONE,I REMEMBER HER AS HAVING THIS CUTE NOSE,LIKE HER KID'S ONLY ADULT SIZE,IT LOOK'S LIKE SHE MADE IT THINNER TO LOOK MORE MATURE,I COULD BE WRONG BUT I LIKED HER OLD NOSE WAY BETTER

wtff?

Too bad Katie can't get her head out the clouds and come back to reality. She needs to spend some time on the Internet and learn what people really think about she, Tom, and her scientology marriage (not legal). Since they are not legally married, Katie probably has no rights whatsoever to anything of Tom's. I predict that she will suffer a nonrecoverable nervous breakdown once they split. She was a weak person to get involved in the cult, she's even weaker now since they've brainwashed her. You can see this clearly in her photos -- she has no self-confidence.

Virginia

Tom Cruise is not the biggest movie star in the world, There are several people who are just as big a name, or bigger than he is. I must be nice to believe your own stupid overly inflated publicity that surrounds you.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

NICOLE KIDMAN WAS REALLY LUCKY,kati is dressing more like nicloe and nicole is way more relaxed dressing how kati use to,with nic's dad being a psychiatrist and nic's husband being a recovering alcoholic and in a 12 step program nic must want to puke every time cruise opens his mouth,must be weird for nic and tom's kids,I WOULD TAKE AA OVER SCIENTOLOGY anyday.hell id take keith urban and his issues anytime over cruise and his arrogance.NIC DODGED A BULLET,kati looks like the stepford wife

anna

I agree, fthere are plenty of actors that have just as big a name as Cruise does. He is not the biggest movie star in the world. John Travolta, Nicole Kidman, Renee Zeilweiger, Meryl Streep, plus numerous stars who ar legends such as Elizabeth Taylor (though they dont act much anymore) are just as big a name as Cruise is. The other names I mentioned are simply not the subject of tabloid headlines as much as Cruise is, some are more reclusive and leave the stupid tabloids alone.

go away

They are taking Katie's comment out of context, Ryan asked about being thrown into the public eye and she said that something else and then said it is expected when your married to the biggest star in the world and at the time she was right. I think people are just picking his girl apart unfairly. I love to watch Tom act he is a great on screen and a lot of fun to watch. I will continue to see his movies even though I disagree with some of his beliefs.

go away

Not all children are off the bottle at one and not all are potty trained by 2. Suri is a smart beautiful little girl and Katie is a very attentive mom. My daughter was very easy to potty train but she just didn't want to give the bottle up. She would want it at nap or bedtime and I would just give her water in the bottle no juice or milk. IShe did not give it up entirely until around 3 1/2.

Deb

I agree with Lori about the bottle. She is almost 2. My doctor told me they need to be done with the bottle by age 1. Someone needs to tell Katie that . Maybe it's some sort religious thing.

What Would Xmas Be Without Warrants Served In Annas Death

AJ: He looks just like Adnan, so he figures he's got a shot at hittin' the Big-legged One.

Gwyneth: When I get the runs, I usually just take some de-run medicine. Works for me.

Glisten Garbor

Worldwide everybody knows the name Tom Cruise so yah that would make him the biggest star on the planet.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments