Heath's Body Removed from the Building

1/22/2008 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heath Ledger's body has just been removed from the Soho building where he was found dead. The body was carried out in a black body bag and placed in the back of the City of New York Medical Examiner's truck.

Nikki

Rip He Was Hott Its So sad the young ones always die first

staceyj

Poor Matida and Michelle and his family. We have lost another great one in the entertainment industry. My heart goes out to his family. When are they all going to learn (if it's drug related) that drugs and death don't care if your rich or famous. Humans are not invinsible.

smirfy

Why do you have a problem with TMZ posting the body bag?
It is all over CNN. Live video replayed 20 times.

Madeline

It truly is so sad. He was a good actor. God Bless his family and friends. This really is a shock.

Jessie

Those of you who are pissed off that TMZ is covering the story complete with the body bag shot are sitting there hitting refresh time and time again just like everyone else. I followed a link here, looking for "real" news about the death - I've never been to this site before and won't be back, but some of you are hypocritical vultures. For shame.

mardy

Do you really need to show footage of his body being removed from the apartment!!! think of his poor family....next thing will be the paps trying to get photos of the autopsy.....losers!!!

RIP H.Ledger 1979-2008

Adrienne

I don't think it was a drug overdose, because the pills were all over the floor, therefore not in his tummy. I bet he just died of heart failure.

Laura

There really isn't a line for you guys, is there?

Lyndsey

To "CONFUSED" # 67 ....just because everyone else is showing it does not make it right.... and no i didnt look at it because "Heath's Body Removed from the Building" gives it away. I always read TMZ but they do have a tendancy to cross the line...if they could just for once prove to have some kind of heart it would show there is some hope left.

Stella

I've had a really bad feeling about him....from some things I read earlier. God bless him. This is so terrible....

Anonymus

This is absolutely terrible. I still cannot believe it. Out of all of the people in Hollywood to go out this way. I'd expect it from Britney or from Paris but not from him. Hopefully it was an accident. I highly doubt he purposefully killed himself. But we will find out soon enough. Either way, he was an amazing actor with great talent. My heart goes out to his family and friends. xox.

CaptainOddball

You sick bastards. No peace even in death. TMZ drops to yet another new low and lines their pockets with silver.

jesse v.

i had just finished watching "10 things i hate about u" and then i saw the headlines! simply amazing. i am completely floored. r.i.p. heath. my regards to his daughter and family.

Disgusted

actually, no, i didn't watch the video. it's about being respectful and decent. Obviously, you wouldn't understand the concept. SOMEBODY DIED! Nice sympathy and humanity you have. Unbelievable.

Crenshaw

This doesn't prove anything but it looks like Heath might of been on something here. He seemed a little tweaked.