Michelle Williams -- Devastated

1/22/2008 9:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle Williams is "devastated" by the death of her former fiance, Heath Ledger.

We're told that "words cannot describe" the pain she is in over the news about the father of her child, Matilda Rose.

We're told she is on a plane heading to NY right now.

canuckcity

Poor Michelle Williams! She will have to try and explain this to their little girl-it is terrible that that little child will have to grow up without her father, who clearly loved her so much.

tonya

aww i feel so sad for her. its so sad i'm sure she found out like the rest of us. even though they were broken up, still have a connection with someone you had a child with and were engaged.

moi

She has the incredibly tough job now of keeping his memory alive for their daughter....I wish her nothing but the best. She is too young to have to go through something like this.....

JereSz

This is a devistating time for anyone who has been at all involved in Heath's life. He was an incredible person, and will be missed. Rest In Peace Ledger...

R

how said, that poor little baby is not going to have any idea what is going on, how horrible

Kasey

Poor Michelle and Matilda!

Kasey

Poor Michelle and Matilda!

You are all morons

My heart goes out to Michelle Williams. How sad that she has lost the father of her child and a great love and friend. Bless her at noq and please give her respect and time to privately grieve without the intrusion of cameras in her and her daughter's faces. She deserves, more now than ever, to be treated not like a famous actress, but as a grieving woman whose life has been changed forever.

Cannon

yeah im pretty sure she is shocked pain wont come until later she'll never forget this & will always miss Heath.
of course i lost a love 1 just like the rest of us. R.I.P

tonya

JUST CURIOUS WHY MAYBE HE WASN'T AT SUNDANCE. I KNOW THEY SAY HE WAS SICK....WAS HE OR WAS HE NOT FOUND IN MK'S APARTMENT?

diana

my heart goes out to her I would hope that people aka the paps media ect. give her privacy at this time

Katy.

UM, DUH! I'D BE SURPRISED IF SHE WASN'T THEY MADE A CHILD TOGETHER!

nic

This is such a bummer...

Meredith

I really feel for Michelle. It must be horrible when your ex-fiancee dies, but when he is also your child's father, that is even worse. I hope she finds some kind of comfort somewhere.

jammer

um, weren't they MARRIED?!
of course she's devastated, TMZ!
My condolences are with her and their little girl.