Where is Jake Gyllenhaal?

1/23/2008 8:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jake GyllenhaalJake Gyllenhaal has yet to be seen or heard from since the death of his close friend, Heath Ledger -- and people on the set of his new film are working hard to keep it that way.

Gyllenhaal is in New Mexico, currently filming his new movie, "Brothers." We're told there are no plans to shut down production, but Jake is very upset and doesn't want to talk to the media -- so the set has been closed to non-crew members and extra security has been hired.

Jake is the godfather to Heath's daughter, Matilda Rose.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jesse

Leave Jake and everyone else alone and let them greive. Damn. When I was young (early 20's) I thought I would like to be a famous Actor. I am 39 now, and never would I want that to be a reality. It must be so difficult to be a high profile person, as you loose all privacy. Celebrities are real people as are you and I. Ponder this people - would you want a camera or reporters in your face when you are greiving the loss of a 'brother, or dear friend? The media (all forms) are just disgusting, compassionless, and are soul-less.

J

WhiteFox

Nice one thanks the for the good info

Helen

Jake I hope you attend Heath's funeral. If only to have closure
Take care

Jennifer

for some reason I have been obsessed with wanting to know that jake is with the Ledgers' in perth right now. I guess I will feel relieved to know that he is being part of this important grieving process. I skipped my Dad's funeral when I was 11 because everyone made a big deal that I didn't have to go. My father committed suicide. Anyway ..... it's hard to live with not going. Australia newspapers have reported that Jake is in Australia right now. I just wish he could have been part of the wake where loved ones waded into the ocean at sunset. What a beautiful thing. some have suggested he may be staying to help watch Matilda. It does make since that he may not want to be seen for fear of sick anti-gay comments. Jake, you are in our hearts as much as Heath. we love you both.

Kelli

Before the lame a**wipe jokes come, sorry about your friend.

Pseudonym

How upsetting...

snnychck

that sucks for Jake, to not be able to grieve properly and be with Matilda and Michelle

aj

i hope that you all will give him and everyone else dealing with such a loss alone.

eyeamtym

sad sad time, i didnt know him personally but what i did know of him he was a great guy. yall 2 were lucky to be friends

footballchick

jesus christ. as if we didn't all see that hollywoods 'it' people are goning to die untimley deaths. give me a break. its being going on forever. please. i bet nicole the hole is next.

saddew

Can we at least attempt to be respectful in this post, no stupid and cruel comments.

And the media needs to stop exploiting the situation. Leave the guys family/friends alone for now, at least for a few days

TheLostGirl

Dont blame him!!!

Georgia Girl

Still in shock. Sympathies to his family and friends.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Who can blame him for hiding. One of his best friends just died and instead of being allowed to grieve with dignity TMZ is speading false rumors about Heath's death. TMZ has reported all sorts of false and unsubstantiated claims that have all been found to be false. apartment belonged to an Olsen twin, drugs found stewn around the bedroom, etc etc and additional rubbish.

Fox news has just reported that NO drugs were found on the dollar bill. Sad TMZ can't report the truth also!!!!!

Party 'till you die!

That's gotta suck for him to lose a friend! Did you now that a militant christian(?) hate group self titled as godhatesf*gs is planning on protesting Heath's funeral? What a bunch of bastards! I wish I could go to that funeral just to get right up in their face! That's about as stupid as saying that Christian Bale is the real Batman!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments