Blue Men Stuck a Camera Down My Throat!

1/24/2008 1:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An audience member at the Blue Man Group show is suing, claiming they stuck a dirty camera down his throat during their show. What?
Read the docs
TMZ has obtained a lawsuit in which James Srodon claims while he attended a 2006 show, he was "forcibly restrained" in his seat while the blue men shoved an "esophagus cam" into his mouth. According to the suit, the esophagus cam is routinely dragged on the floor during the show, which could contaminate it with food and liquid. James claims he now suffers from nightmares.

Srodon is seeking over $50,000 in damages.

UPDATE: Blue Man Productions issued the following statement: "We are shocked and surprised to learn of the allegations made in reference to one of our comedic pieces, "Esophagus Video." At the time of this statement, we have not been served any legal papers.

"Our well-known audience participatory pieces, such as "Esophagus Video," have been performed for over 15 years, in over 50,000 performances, to the delight of over 12 million audience members around the world. We are disappointed that this false claim forces us to reveal the truth behind one of our most popular theatrical devices.

"'Esophagus Video' is simply an illusion. A camera is held in an actor's hands, the actor's hands are placed near an audience member's mouth (not on or in). The live-feed video screen then switches to a pre-recorded medical video, resulting in the hilarious and absurd illusion that the audience is peering down an individual's esophagus. Because the camera never enters the mouth, the execution of this illusion could not possibly put anyone at risk of injury."

Ron

I think that you guys that have hate for the blue men suffer from a serious envy much like penis envy!!!!!! I think that i am going to try out for the blue men. They have more talent in their little finger than all of you greety little pricks. Blue men you have opened a new gate way of entertainment. You have a fan for life here. Viva la blue men

peachpie

huh?

aly

Good, he should sue. These stupid guys smeared my clothes with blue paint when I saw their show. Had a nice dry cleaning bill, ultimately had to discard the clothes which were silk.

Joe Friday

LOL!!!! This guys is so stupid to know or even realize that the camera is actually not real. He gets this year's first Darwin nomination for being the biggest waste of oxygen.

bored to tears

When I think of great entertainment, I think of esophagus cams.

roughdaddy

suffers from nightmares? that what you get for stinging out on "circus du soleil."...

Russ

I would have sued them in 2006! I'm completey on the side of the Plantiff.

Phony Tony

Now I have a legitimate reason to never attend one of their shows.

That's simply disgusting and outrageous!

The guy should be suing for $Millions.

Rick Roll

This is ridiculous considering that a certain part of the show they get people up on stage who are told exactly what to expect from the Blue Men. Earlier theater goers are asked to be apart of the show as an element of the shows fun. The camera that goes in the mouth is a backstage segment that was pre-taped not involving whoever goes on stage. When they take someone backstage the audience is shown the pre-tape and it looks like the camera goes all through the persons body. This lawsuit will easily be won by the Blue Men.

Z

$50,000? That has to be worth more. I can't believe they were even allowed to pull a stunt like that.

chirality

My question is...
why didn't the guy say "get that damn thing outta my face!?"

Nightmare?? LOL@CRABPEOPLE!!

fghfghfghfg

This guy is a typical hack who never made any money and has looked all his life for an opportunity to sue.

Thanks for tying up the court system with this BS!!

Your an old man from Cali. I am a rich DJ from Chicago. Go home you loser to your lazy Cali ways!

Oh and your grandson is an ugly hack that has a grandfather like you. I I knoew who your were I would take that cam and shove it up your ASS!!

Kitty

Somewhere Tobias Funke is still waitning for 8:01pm.

JADE

What the hell................I would have beat their blue asses.

Wisconsin

2006? It takes this long to sue for a fake stunt? Get a life guy!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments