Kiefer and Dad Hug It Out

1/25/2008 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After spending 48 days in jail, Kiefer Sutherland got some consensual love from a man -- his dad, veteran actor Donald Sutherland.

Kiefer and his Crocs-wearing pops reunited outside a Santa Monica restaurant on Thursday.

TB

What a nice pic, both of them class acts! And props to Kiefer for doing his time and not whinning for special treatment like so many other "celebrities."

Grace E.

Great photo do not forget to point out the Harris Tweed Jacket and traditional black umberalla and all American blue denims.

jack bauer

I thought Jack's dad died on that chinese ship. Remember his dad was trying to take Jack's brothers son to China? Remember the US bombed the ship...dude how'd he survive that?

Vicki in Canada

I am soooooooooooo glad that Keifer is out of jail!!! Hurray......a lovely moment and glad you caught it on film...
We love ya in Canada Sutherland men!!!

Disgusted!!!!

Lordy lordy lordy.....Two such incredible actors in one family. Not to mention attractive! Donald has always been one of my faves as has Keifer. Both are like a fine wine....thay inprove with age. Seriously...Keifer is hot!!! (excuse me as I wipte the drool...LOL)

Jizy

Donald and Keifer are dating?
OMG!!!

chicago girl

It took me a moment to register a decent hollywood family moment.

Keifer- love you and wish you well.

Anonymous

Isn't TMZ the ones that reported that Keifer had NO visitations from anyone while in the slammer...INCLUDING HIS FATHER????? They made it seem like there was friction or a problem between the two of them. So whats the deal TMZ??? You make it seem like there's a problem and then you show a pic like this one. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS-- YOU'RE ACTING LIKE BRITTNEY SPEARS' ....CONFUSING AND BI-POLAR TO THE REST OF US.

Go, Kiefer!

LOVE this picture! Great to see Kiefer out and about and looking fantastic!

Picky, picky I know, but i before e except after c, folks... it's KIEfer... not KEIfer... :)

Kara

He did serve His time with dignity and No Fan Fare...What a guy..That was a longg time for a movie star yet he took it like a man..YES

Go, Kiefer!

Kiefer didn't put *anyone* on his visitation list except for his lawyer and his doctor. Who knows why for sure, but it sure seems to me like it was in line with his behavior around every aspect of his arrest, sentencing and incarceration. He did it low-key and under the radar and on his own.

Not because of the fact that he didn't have his dad on his visitor's list while he was in jail but for lots of other reasons, I don't think that they've had a close relationship through the years but, if reports are correct, this was the second time they'd had dinner since he's been out of jail. If this whole thing somehow brings them closer, I think that would be great.

CK

Fab pic and so so sweet..kudos to Kiefer...wonderful guy!! and also HOT!!!

Kate

To #8 - SmokingJoe -

AMEN. It takes a Real Man to simply buckle down and do the hard time... it takes integrity and humility, both severely lacking in Hollyweird... I used to feel uncomfortable watching Keifer in his various projects, as he is a dead-ringer for my ex - but I'm long over that. He is a talented actor and, as he has demonstrated, an exceptional human being. GO TEAM KEIFER !!

Disgusted

Awwww!! that's cool! both are great actors! Luv em both! At least Kiefer did his time without the public watching every minute!

SuzieQ

What a nice photo!!! Kiefer and Donald may have had their differences in the past, but it sure looks as if the dignified and admirable way Kiefer handled his recent troubles helped to bring father and son closer together. I sure hope so! And what an admirable guy Kiefer is.....you just couldn't handle adversity any better than Kiefer has, not only during his incarceration, but even going way back to his arrest a few months ago. He handled it all just perfectly! You rock, Kiefer!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments