Britney Officially

on Psychiatric Hold

1/31/2008 10:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_britney_tmz_ex7Law enforcement sources tell TMZ an L.A. County Superior Court judge has just signed a "5150," meaning Britney Spears is on a three-day psychiatric hold at the UCLA Medical Center.

We're told there is a "good possibility" that it will be extended to 14 days. We've also learned there have been several parallel attempts to get Britney on a 5150. Her lawyers, Anne Kiley and Tara Scott, secured a new psychiatrist late last week -- she's the one who triggered the 5150 last night.

At the same time, we're told Britney's mother, father and brother have been "working closely with the LAPD for weeks" to get her back in for psychiatric care. There is now a dogfight between Britney's family and Sam Lutfi over who will make medical decisions, however, that fight is now put on hold because the judge now makes the call.

Once the psychiatric hold ends, something has to give.

He's just another Idiot

Britney is, and has been for a long time, mentally ill. You people who constantly bash and trash her are sicker than she is. You must have miserable lives to get your kicks out of making fun of other people's illnesses.

Puter Boi

Once TMZ has finally killed Britney....who will be their next target?

Any guesses?

natosha

im usualy a quiet reader in this mess called britiny spears, but im pissed. we had to do the same to a family member of mine a year or so ago, this man was not a danger to himself or anyone, but you know what, he didnt get to go in an amublance, an neither does any other nonceleb. he was picked up by a cop, put in handcuffs, taken to the hospitol in a cop car. paraded around the hospitol in handcuffs, till he was able to be brought up to the mental ward. and the handcuffs didnt come off till he was in lock down!. now what makes this little girl so SPECIAL that she gets to go in an ambulance with helicopter escorts! its sickning. she needs to be treated like an everyday human being and she may stop thinking she is above the law and the people, stop spoon feeding the b**** and treat her like the rest of the world that doesnt seem to matter to anyone!

pat

Well, she's going to be out of the picture for the next three days.

I hope they won't let her out like last time. Hell, they should hold her for the extra two weeks.

Wonder who ther paps will go after in the meantime.

Watch the circus the mother and the cousin will create.

Watch, Loser Lohan will be on the next plane to LA followed by Parasite.

uuuhhooohh!!!

Reading some of these posts, makes me SICK!

The Woman has Mental Health Issues, DUMMIES!

Wake up!!!

djdw61

TMZ, were you tipped off about this? Is that why you were live streaming yesterday from outside her community? I wish I could say this story interested me...but I am so over her. I do wish her peace.

cvguy

My Tax Dollars at work.

The Fuzz claim they don't have the manpower or time to investigate a theft or non-injury auto accident; but they don't seem to have any trouble mustering up 50 friggin pigs to play celebrity escort?

Only in LA.

This time KEEP THE BITCH...and let us have our city back.

I love that judge! Smart move!!!! Britney good luck girl...

Hillary Clinton

natosha, you are so RIGHT! Will you be my Human Services Secretary when I am elected Queen, I mean President? I need a tough gal like me to kick these rich people in the A** - I want them all committed and their fortunes turned over to me because Americans are not capable of handling their own affairs. Only I, as their Imperial Leader, can do it!

Debbie

Well now that Brit is in the psych ward I guess that TMZ will have to report on other things happening in the world...Can't see them live streaming the guard house - nothing will be happening at the Summit she's in the hospital...

Although I enjoyed watching the trainwreck and her crazy escapades - at times it was funny ...

Michelle

There can be no tug of war between snake Lufti and her family--he hasn't got a legal or moral leg to stand on in the care of Britney. No judge would allow Lufti to handle her care, and her family isn't going to defer to that loser. Get well this time Britney---for you and for those boys.

Hillary Clinton

What's this Bipolar crap? Do you "Develop" that overnight? The pig was fine pole dancing the past few years - what the heck all of a sudden now? ? ? Maybe that's the most popular way for this drug addict to get attention these days 'cause the pole dancing/stripper act is old.......

alreadybad

Another "media event" orchestrated by Sam and Brit. Good thing no presidential candidates were in Cali and needed the assistance of LA's finest as they were too busy attending to Ms. Spears. The citizens of LA is used to her antics and those of other media starved celebs so they live with this stupidity, to the rest of the world you look f***g ridiculous. What, LA cops can't control the paps? They know how to jump out and handle everyone else, and traffic control, please, this only makes sense to Hollywood, the rest of us know this is fantasy and we see the extent LA county is willing to go for our visual enjoyment. It's all part of a publicity plan people, the only thing happening here is attention obsession. Notice how she adjust her antics to those that have proven to be media attention getters, like Amy Winehouse's "breakdown", or the pregnancy thing after her sister was on every mag cover for a week. This woman and her "friends" are a joke and so what if she was admitted, any celeb can get admitted to the hospital, they do it all the time, wake up.

Bev

Britney, You are doing the right thing by getting help. If you were just one of us no one would even care that you need help. Celeb status places a lot of attention on you. You need to go somewhere else besides Cali and get your life back together . Your children need you to be whole again. Your family needs you. Remember the goodness of God's grace. With God it's never too late to . Remember the good times? Go get better for yourself so you can give your children a safe and loving home .
If my son can overcome and survive extreme drug use , prison, and questioning his Christianity, .... So can you.

Praying for wellness for you and your family....
Bev

Susan B

I am geniunely concerned for Britney's safety.............I am hoping the Judge will grant decisions for Britney's care to her parents..... I know they love her. Her parents will look out for Britney's best interest.................Get well Britney!!!