Heigl on Chambers: Say What?!

1/31/2008 8:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ broke the news to you today that "Grey's Anatomy" star Justin Chambers had checked himself in to the psych ward at UCLA Medical Center this week. Then we broke the news to Katherine Heigl.

Katherine was shopping on Robertson Blvd. with her mom when our photog asked her if she knew how Justin was. Check out her reaction.

mickey lou

Is everyone in Hollyweird checking themselves into the psych ward at UCLA? If not they should!

samanthab

shes gross & she should quit smoking already

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Look at the throngs of paparrazi circling her like vultures. She looks perplexed probably thinking it's a lie by the pap to get a reaction out of her.

Wow

That was so lame.

Bryan

Is it me...or do all the TMZ staffers that appear on the show look like total retards! That white guy with the spikey hair and that office manager with the bug-lizard eyes.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

The following by Robert Valdes of Howstuffworks.com is interesting:

The tactics of the paparazzi center on this principle: Get a shot by any means necessary. The individual paparazzo is only limited by his or her resources, craftiness and nerve.

Technically speaking, in order to get the photo free and clear, the paparazzo must get the star out in public, away from a private residence or business. If the star is in a private area, the photo must be taken discreetly from a distance and with the photographer standing on public land.

In more extreme cases, some paparazzi have taken photographs from rooftops or tree tops. They have shot private events from rented helicopters or boats. In some cases, if the event is in a sealed building, paparazzi have staged fire alarms or bomb threats to cause an evacuation of the building that forces their subjects onto the streets.

Is that legal? The answer is no. But with the lucrative nature of the business, legal expenses have become part of operating costs and have contributed significantly to the high price tag on such photographs.

Throwing false alarms is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the illegal methods used to get a photo. Paparazzi have done much worse:

A paparazzo intentionally had a car accident with Catherine Zeta-Jones to force her out of her car.

Actor Sean Penn was intentionally provoked many times into physical confrontations to get photos and create lawsuits.

Paparazzi posed as Michael Douglas's family members to gain access to the hospital where his son was born.

Susan Sarandon found a paparazzi camp hidden on her property.

Britney Spears and her mother were surrounded at a pet store. Britney's mother injured a photographer fleeing the scene in her car.

An English tabloid published Gwyneth Paltrow's daily route while she does her household routines, as well as the location of her new house, based on information gathered from paparazzi.

GEB

I love Katherine Heigle!

justandra

Stuff like this is just ridiculous. I thought cameras were high powered so why you have to get all in people's faces for pictures. I do notice they dont surround people who they know will not stand for it (rappers,some sports stars) but mainly women out alone. I can't wait for the day when people start mowing their behinds down in their cars, maybe then they will back up and use some tact.

kel

I like how she stays in front of the window so they can continue to photograph her. Knocked Up made her famous and she ripped on the movie and called it sexist. If it was so sexist why did she take the role. She's a fame-whore.

Steph

Look at the smoking lines around her mouth...she's gonna have to get some work done.

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

There was a time where I wanted to make sweet, sweet love to her. Now, not so much. Not since I saw that picture of her smoking. I can just imagine how much she smells.

No thanks!

p.s. Lose the cigs and I'll let you sleep with me.

April Fouels

#6, @ 7:07, I was trained the same way, but not with a camera.

Rockstar

I love all the fat, ugly people here ripping on her for smoking, while they're probably shoving onion rings and hot dogs down their pie-holes.

And Bud -- Yes, that office manager on the show is unbelievably ugly. On top of the bug-eyes, she also has a double chin that doesn't quit till her collar bones.

nunya biz

I think it's nice of her to care about her costars like that. She heard the news and called him (probably?) right away. That's a friend that cares. So nice of her.

Lenn K.

I don't find her that attractive, but she does seem nice. Please step away from the cigarettes because they age you real bad, look at Lindsay Lohan she only 21 years old and looks and sounds like she's about 35.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments