Brit's Parents Make Their Move in Court

2/1/2008 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Britney Spears' parents are going to court -- the courtroom that establishes conservatorship for people whose personal health and welfare are gravely at risk.

Jamie and Lynne Spears arrived this morning at the County courthouse in downtown L.A. Sources say both parents are extremely concerned about the welfare of their daughter, and upset because Sam Lutfi is trying to call the shots on all matters Britney.

The court has the power to create a conservatorship, which would allow both Jamie and Lynne to make medical decisions on behalf of Britney. The conservatorship would also allow them to control Britney's financial affairs. Both parents have made it clear: they believe Lutfi's influence has placed their daughter and her assets at risk.

We're in court, so stay tuned. The hearing is now scheduled for 1:30 PM PT.

debeers

SOME OF YOU FOLKS HAVE TUNNEL VISION......HER DR. OR THE DOC'S HUSBAND ARE THE OUTSIDE PEOPLE, OR SOMEONE ELSE THEY SLIP IN FRONT OF A JUDGE'S FACE IS.............THE BILLS THAT WOULD COME IN FOR THE CARE OF BRIT. WILL BE DOCTORED, THE FAMILY WILL EAT, AND EAT, AND EAT OFF OF HER UNTIL SHE'S JUST BONES THEN THEY'LL WRITE THE BOOK OF HOW THEY TRIED TO SAVE HER!!!! GAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!
Look up Dr. Nadel on the web........
if it's true Phil McGraaaaaaaaaag recommended this Dr, god help Britney!!!!

sharond

I hope the parents of Britany also see that mooch of a pap, Aidne? for what he is too. I saw that interview he
did on ET?? or one of those TV rags, and he was DEFINATELY after her money IMO. NO sane man with good intentions
tries or agrees to get a gal with the mental problems Britany PG (ESPECIALLY when her kids were taken away from her) unless he wants a lifetime ties to her money, ie with "spousal support" of like $20K per month or more. When he said in a heartbeat he would marry her, I knew then he is after her money, because to me that is like taking advantage of a super drunk girl just to have sex, pathetic and indicates a real loser! The world knows that she is having severe mental problems and is not in control of her actions, and for some guy to come in and take advantage of her like that, man, they had BETTER watch out! I bet he tries to blackmail them with secret photos he has taken or tries to sell bad photos of her once he is "cut off".

carol

I'm not a fan of hers but I do want her to get well. After seeing that video Lost In The Hills - I could see she was not faking.
I hope the parents win today. When they do charge Adnan with RAPE and charge Sam with everything you can think of.
Parasites.

Louisiana Girl

How do you know her parents weren't there for her? Do you really everything you read especially on TMZ?

lin

I don't think anyone should be put in charge of Btit's assets Maybe the judege should just freeze them until Brit's feeling better. It would be interesting to see who sticks around for Brit without any finacial gain possible.

omg

I hope they win I hope they do whatever it takes to squash that bastard,bloodsuker

y45

"9. Too bad all this parental love wasn't present years ago when it really mattered.

Posted at 2:05PM on Feb 1st 2008 by Mike"

DING DING DING!!

WINNER!!!

You just hit the nail right on the head.

Medical Girl

One or both of these people are the same ones who sold their underage pregnant daughter's story to a magazine, right???

Any benchworthy judge would put this in TRUSTEESHIP, so NO ONE BUT THE ONE WHO EARNED ALL THIS MONEY ENDS UP WITH IT. If this girl gets help and gets straightened out (or not) she'll probably be poison in the industry, and will need all her $$ to maintain herself.

ALL OF THESE PEOPLE HAVE GONE TO THE BANK OF BRITNEY LONG ENOUGH, beginning with her parents!!

TRUSTEESHIP!!!

Zach's grandma

i don't know, i haven't heard anything or anyone say that the Spears are in favor of Brit's committment,
I'm with whoover says she needs help and she's gonna get it no matter how long it takes and no matter what.

Maybe have the judge represent her for now.

Man i think some laws need to change to commit someone.

that.is.all

listen

I agree with some of what you say. I can remember Britney saying repeatedly that her parents kept her 'grounded'.

I do disagree that Britney's problems and downward spiral started with Kevin. I think it started with the break-up from Justin.
She was devastated. Soon after she had her 55 hour quickie marriage and soon after that she married Kevin and soon after that she had 2 babies too close together. These are the things Britney wanted.

I do believe Kevin was in it for the money from day one. I also believe he got out of it as soon as he could...also for the money.

I also don't think her parents were great parents. I think they pushed her into show business just as they pushed Jamie Lynn into show business. Who let's an 11 year old bleach her hair and wear that much make-up and dress in low-cut clothing. Jamie Lynn hadn't even reached puberty and her tops were down below where her breasts weren't.

I don't think in any way..shape...or form her family should have any control over Britney's finances. Medical health and welfare decisions, yes, but the money...HELL NO.

Mia

I hope the judge does the right thing.

anonymous

I wonder if her parents have Kaplan as their lawyer hahaha f'n bloodsuckers all of them...Makes me sick now that they will strip her of everything and Kaplan will have his hand out for the 500 thousand while she is in lockdown.

Crazygirl

I PRAY THAT BRITNEY GETS THE MENTAL HELP THAT SHE NEEDS. I HOPE HER PARENTS STAY STRONG AND HELP HER INSTEAD OF ALL THESE CREEPS THAT JUST WANT HER PHOTO!!!!!

frankly_disturbed

No matter what anyone thinks about Britney's parents they should in fact have say so over her medical treatment. Sam hasn't done anything to help Britney so it's about time her parents step up and make sure she is okay both mentally and financially.

sharond

I agree with you Euromum, that Adnan needs to be prosecuted for taking advantage sexually of a woman not in control of her mental facilities...he is a sexual predator IMO, the world knew the minute she shaved her head she was NOT acting sane, and for him to step in and try to get her PG, a woman who just had her kids taken away because she was not mentally stable enough to care for them, then there is something WRONG with what he is doing, he is NOT caring for her at all, but for what he can get if he fathers one of her children!! He should be banned from her life and arrested IMO!!