Eva Mendes

in Rehab

2/1/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Eva Mendes is in Utah battling a substance abuse problem.

0201_eva_mendez_ex_large-1
We're told the "Ghost Rider" star is at the famous Cirque Lodge, near Sundance. The Lodge, which treated Lindsay Lohan and other stars, is one of the most respected treatment facilities in the country.

Eva has been at Cirque for several weeks.

Her rep tells TMZ "Eva has been working hard for the past year and made a positive decision to take some much-needed time off to proactively attend to some personal issues that, while not critical, she felt deserved some outside professional support. Out of respect for Eva's privacy, we do not wish to discuss further details."

cat b

Good Lord is all of Hollyweird going into rehab...is it fast becoming the new accessory a graduation certificate from Circ Lodge , Promises , Dr Drew's Place...glad all I have to deal with in florida are 12 -16 foot gators and not the landsharks that feed on human misery in Hollywood

Helen

I agree with #6. And having done that, how sad. Is anyone immune to Hollywood's insanity? I lived there for 10 years back in the '90's. Guess what? Even ordinary people get into drug trouble in Hollywood. It must be in the water!

MyTwoCents

what's up with hollywood these days, it full of train wrecks, alcoholics, drug addicts, psychos, pill poppers, fame whores, jail birds, wreckless drivers, you name it. Rehab revolving doors are becoming the new cottage industry making new millionairs of the owners of these facilities

that.is.all

monique

well I guess Harvey got a taste of his own medicine because Rosie O'Donnell outed him yesterday on her site and said he was...starts with a 'g', 3 letters. I don't want to say it but you get my drift.

Sue her Harvey if it's not true.

AL GOREs VAGINA

JUST ANOTHER DOPER LOSER !!!!!

that.is.all

REHAB I WONDER

True. And 30 years ago it was not cool to be outed as homosexual. I guess people don't care anymore either which is as it should be.

Just say no to drugs people.

They will killya.

Erica

So sad! I really didn't expect that out of Eva.

lr

It's nice to see a celebrity acknowledge for themselves they have a problem and quietly go to take care of it without causing a hug public media circus. Good for you Eva. This is how it should be when you have a problem.

that.is.all

My Two Cents

Some people can't take the pressure of fame. They can't cope. Nobody and nothing can ready anyone for that type of anxiety. I kind of do understand.

Not to mention, people who win the lottery often spend all their money and end up screwed up.

Money is evil I tell you. It is.

And old family money just breeds generations of self-entitled children who do nothing much with their own lives.

I am not rich but I am not poor either. To tell you the truth though, I was much happier when I lived paycheck to paycheck.

NO NO NO

IF WE HAD "HOLLYWEIRD" MONEY AND TIME......MOST OF US WOULD BE IN REHAB. WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS BUT THEY HAVE THE MEANS TO RUN AWAY AND GET IT TOGETHER. WE DON'T.

Ana

HAHAHA!

Dawn Day

Can you imagine what would happen to the average Joe's career and ability to make money if we openly jumped into rehab or psych clinics? We sure wouldn't be raking in the dough like celebritities are managing to still do. In fact, I think it helps their careers!

Sick world we live in.

MH

I saw a clip of her on Regis & Kelly a few months ago and she seemed a little out of it and kinda 'slurry.' I wondered about her but thought "Nah, she's just tired or jetlagged." It was back around the time when a few people were questioning whether she was pregnant because she'd gained a few pounds. (And I think she specifically addressed that she was just eating more and not pregnant, so no, she wasn't using substances while pregnant.)

I don't think a DUI is a prerequisite for entering alcohol rehab. A lot of people have gone to rehab for drinking without getting into legal trouble (Ben Affleck, for one). It's better to recognize and address the problem before it gets to the point of having legal issues to address. So...it may or may not be alcohol.

Jaydee665

I think this sort of thing has always been a problem in Hollywood. But back in the day, the celeb's "people" knew how to keep it all quiet and HAD to keep it quiet because America was not as understanding back then about drug & alcohol abuse, homosexuality, or whatever. I mean, look at what came out in later years on Rock Hudson, Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Judy Garland, and Bob Denver - just to name a few.

Heck, drugs are a problem EVERYWHERE now. And like the person that commented a few ahead of me, you'd be surprised who's doing it: your pastor, your child's teacher, the police officer who wrote you a ticket, etc., etc. It affects EVERYONE'S life in some manner. I don't think ANY family can say they don't have at least one user in their ranks. So, don't think any of us are above the long reach of drugs & alcohol. Like the other commenter said, WE just don't live in the big fishbowl that celebs do.

AL GOREs VAGINA

I am soooo tried of hearing -----"Well, I sure admire her for getting her act together " , or " At least she is admitting she has a problem !!! "---------Bull S**T !!!!............SHE'S JUST ANOTHER HOLLYWOOD STAR GIVEN ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES--- LOOKS, MONEY, FAME, .........AND SHE BLEW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!