"Heart Broken" Michelle Releases Statement

2/1/2008 2:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle WilliamsTen days after the death of Heath Ledger, former fianceé and baby mama Michelle Williams released a statement. It reads:

"Please respect our need to grieve privately. My heart is broken. I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day. His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up with the best memories of him."

jogo

I know TMZ could find a better picture of her. So, give her some respect at least by putting up a better photo - good grief!

to bad it wasn't sooner!

Did she leave him because he was doing drugs? And now everyone wants to feel sorry for his family because he's dead....maybe drugs maybe not! What makes him different from any other actor that has had a drug problem and died...nothing!

Sanity

Hopefully Heath can rest in peace knowing that is beautiful little girl is being raised by such a down to earth and sensitive woman. I strongly believe Michelle will carry on his legacy for their daughter. And I pray that her request is granted. That she is left alone to grieve without the world watching. May she someday find peace.

jogo

#10 - are you trying to be the next TMZ writer with your unnecessary and nasty comments?

Friday613

What a beautiful statement. Hopefully this will be the last thing we hear about his death. RIP Heath.

OCD

What heartbreak.

My heartfelt condolences and prayers.

AlwaysHungry

and still I bet her plea will fall on some deaf, callous ears

Kim

Why TMZ? WHY? Why did you put such an awlful picture of Michelle up? Are you mad at her for some reason??

CarMan

What a simple and lovely statement. It says it all. I thank her for talking to the public finally, now if only the media and certain fans could keep their statements this simple and clear.

law2003

i think that hollywood needs to start drug testing before they allow a actor to do a movie and if they come back postive they should be fined just like in sports, how many more GREAT young actors have to do before something gets done in hollywood. if heath had such a drug problem as everyone is saying how come no one did anything to help him out. i know that he kept to him self wasn`t really in the spot light likes others in hollywood but if it was that bad of a problem then why did no one try and get him help.

Beverly

God Bless Michelle, Matilda & Heath's family. We lost my oldest son's father at a very young age, (he was just 26 and our son was 6). You will always have a part of Heath in your hearts and in Matilda..
I pray you will all find strength & peace.
Many Blessings!

THEMOMMA

BEAUTIFUL SENTIMENTS MICHELLE .......... GOD SPEED !!!!!

Max is a HOTTIE!!!

R I P Heath You will be missed :(

My thoughts & prayers are going out to Michelle, Matilda and the Ledger Family

tiffany

so sad, i loved heath he was an amazing actor. it sucks so bad what happend. and i feel so bad for michelle and for matilda. my thoughts are with the whole family.

gaby

What a sad and beautiful statement. She is a tower of strength and grace, I am sure these qualities will serve her well on the difficult journey that lies ahead.