Britney's Stay Will Be Extended

2/2/2008 8:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsIt's not a done deal, but expect that sometime tonight, papers will be signed at UCLA extending Britney Spears' stay at the psych ward -- by 14 days.

It's an internal process -- done without a court order. But we're told it will indeed happen, and that's not surprising given her mental health. As we first reported, Britney's been diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder.

The ward Britney is in is considered one of the best in the nation for the treatment she is receiving.

I love it!

16. WTF Britney didn't break any laws. They shouldn't have taken her kids away in the first place and none of this would have happened.

I hate you KFed. You POS. Go back to Fresno you fruit picker. Your day will come.

Posted at 6:24PM on Feb 2nd 2008 by Petite
======================================================================================================================

You are the biggest idiot ever. Kevin has nothing to do with something which is obviously a chemical imbalance. But I wouldn't expect for someone who calls another person a "fruit picker" to know that. You're a fool.

kfedsucks

i really feel this is britney's last chance. i pray that she get's the help that she needs. when someone is bi-polar they have no control unless they stay on mediction. mental illness is so sad and i hope people will finally realize that this is what she deals with. she is NOT a drugie, or an alcoholic. i knew this from the beginning! i hope the "haters" start having a little more respect/sympathy for her. no one deserves to live a life like she does. please pray for her....

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

So long, Sam.

Adios, Adnan.

Sillyme

Don't think you can cure this mania in a few weeks pal. http://bipolar.about.com/cs/hypersex/a/aa_hypersex.htm

mona lisannt

she won't recover people.... she'll always be bi-polar. it won't go away. not with all the treatment in the world. it won't go away

MoneyInMeds

I think sometimes we have to be on LockDown, to SettleDown, for our own good.

Vanity Killz

I wish her the best of luck !

Debbie

Thank God ---- now maybe her parents can extend the conservetorship and hopefully the restraining order against Sam...

She needs to stay there longer....Unfortunately everyone will still be checking to see how Britney is doing and hoping that she is getting better for herself and her two boys....

Maybe the new topic will be Sam behind bars..Film at 11...

Gina

Sam Lutfi needs to stay away from Britney. He has proved in these last few days that he is only after the fame and money. Her family truly loves her. Hopefully, Britney's head will be clear after she receives the treatment and will realize this. I'm pulling for you, Britney.

beth

The hospital is helping the family seize control of her assets.

She is in essence a prisoner.

whoislisasilvermandoyoumeansarasilverman?

what started out as a fun lark-look at that nutty star-has turned into a very tragic story. I'm glad her parents are on board, and hopefully she will be out of view and out of this town very soon.

lauren

Thank GOD her dad has control over her now... He seems like the only smart person in the family. Well along with her brother. The women of the spears family are all nuts. :) But so are mine, so I cant complain... Anyways, Glad they are keeping her and forcing her to get treatment. Bipolar disorder (I think she most likely has type 1) is a horrible thing to live with. I just hope that she always takes her meds and she will keep it under control... I know that a lot of people with this type take them for a while are are doing "SO GOOD" that they decide they dont need the pills then go back into a manic state.

that.is.all

I just hope they take her hair extensions. I think that's been her problem all along. She hasn't felt cute or pretty.

Take them out, give her a nice blonde color and cute cut and she's good to go.

Oh and stock up on the tampax...mmmmkay

restaurant management

HELP ME BE EMPLOYED- I NEED TO BLOG CRAP TO THIS TMZ SITE. MORE CRAP MORE $$ FOR YOU HARVEY. STILL CAN'T WORK THE CAMERA OR DRIVE THE CAR LIKE S$$$

mona lisannt

it's britney ya'll. live from the coo coo coop. I'm stuck here for another 14 days.. i sure could use a red bull .... could someone smuggle me some red bull.... and some chicken wings.... and yeah.. some of that white sniffy stuff?? i sure could use some cigs and starbucks too.... and don't forget the laxatives....
just a little 411 on my new digs.... i got me a real nice twin size bed... no sheet tho... what's up with dat?? i don't have a chair or nuthin.... just a nice mattress that sits on the floor. its covered in a real nice placticy sheet ... so my hot sweat nakie body sticks to it.... but no worries ya'll.. i'm not sleeping anyways.... i don't even have a mirror to check out my hair... well... ya'll send me the stuff i'd asked for.... love ya